This is a fun spin on chicken enchiladas and if you are looking to eliminate processed/GMO foods (like corn tortillas) you will love this. This is ALMOST a dairy free version and can easily be dairy free with one tweak., don’t add the cheese 🙂 It’s also gluten free.
I’m in love with hatch chilies and I always look forward to August when they come out!
The sweet potato gives these enchiladas a nice texture and the slight sweetness goes great as a replacement for corn tortillas. Give it a try and let me know how it goes 🙂
Prep: 30 min
Cook Time: 15-30 min
Makes: 7 enchiladas
- 2 Chicken breast, cooked and shredded. Get pasture raised chickens.
- 3 Hot Roasted Hatch Chilies and 3 Mild Roasted Hatch Chilies, remove the top.
- 1 Organic Purple Onion, small (about 1/4 Cup).
- 1 Organic White Onion, small (about 1/4 Cup).
- 2 Cloves of Wild Garlic
- 1/2 C. Organic Coconut Milk (you can use lite if you would like).
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Celtic Salt.
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 or 2* Organic Sweet Potato, sliced thinly long ways on mandolin.
- 1 Teaspoon of organic coconut oil for baking dish.
- OPTIONAL: Kerrygold Cheddar Cheese (Grass Fed Cow Cheese) for topping the enchiladas if you desire.
- Blend up hatch chilies, onions, garlic, coconut milk, and spices in a blender until consistency of salsa.
- Cook on med / low for 25 min.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add sliced sweet potatoes to boiling water and cook for 6 min. Drain and set aside.
- Reserve 1/2 Cup of hatch chili salsa. Mix chicken into the remaining large portion of salsa.
- In a large baking dish smear the coconut oil down and lay down 7 or the 14 sweet potato slices (I broke some while slicing so I just placed them back together). *If you want them all to be “perfect” you may get 2 sweet potatoes to have reserves just in case…
- Add chicken and salsa mixture to each potato and top with another slice of potato. Once you are done take the reserved salsa and put a little bit on the top of each potato enchilada then sprinkle with cheese.
- Either reserve dish to bake later or bake NOW at 300 F for 15-20 min.
- If you are waiting for later, heat oven to 375 F and bake for 30 min or until warm all the way through.
I have been on a pizza kick lately… well actually for my whole life. I love pizza but what I have begun to love even more is making my own at home. After countless different versions of topping combinations, store bought dough, homemade dough, sauce or sauceless, making pizzas until my hands ache parties I have decided that THIS recipe is hands down the best pizza you can make at home! This would be a great Superbowl Pizza!
Prep: 1.5 hrs
Cook Time: 15-20
Makes: 2 medium thin crust pies
- 1 (1/4 ounce) Package active dry yeast
- 1 C. Warm water
- 1 TBS. Sea salt
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 C. Cornmeal
Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
Add sea salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes. If making 2 pies split dough into 2 balls.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover, let rise in warmest place in house away from draft until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
Punch dough down each ball.
Brush 2, 10 inch pizza pans with oil and sprinkle cornmeal to cover pan.
Press dough across bottom of pan forming collar around edge to hold filling Top with fillings and bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes.
- 5-6 slices of cooked bacon, not too cooked
- 2 C. Sliced brussel sprouts
- 1/2 C. Parmigiano Reggiano , shredded
- 20 1/8 inch slices of fresh mozzarella rounds
- 1/2 C. Shallots, sliced
- Olive oil, 3 TBS
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Prepare dough and make pies.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil and spices.
- Spread oil mixture onto pies evenly.
- Distribute Mozzarella on to pies (they don’t have to touch, when they melt they will spread out).
- Distribute brussel sprouts bacon and shallots on top of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano lightly on top of both pies.
- Bake for about 15 min-20 min until crust is crispy and cheese is brown and bubbly.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hr and 20 min (for slow cooking rice)
- 1 Chicken breast, diced into small chunks
- 1 C. Uncooked brown and wild rice blend
- 2 Bell peppers, any color
- 2.5 C. Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 White onion, diced
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 TBS Olive oil, for chicken
- Cook rice in chicken stock according to directions on package.
- Chop onion, jalapeno, garlic, and chicken accordingly.
- Sautee the 4 ingredients above in olive oil and add spices, cook until browned. Place in medium mixing bowl.
- Cut tops of bells and wait for rice to finish.
- Add 2 large scoops of rice to chicken mixture and stir well, spoon mixture into bells. You will have rice left, save for another meal.
- Place in oven for 20-30 min on 375 degrees.
- Serve with black beans or pinto beans.