I have been on a pizza kick lately… well actually for my whole life. I love pizza but what I have begun to love even more is making my own at home. After countless different versions of topping combinations, store bought dough, homemade dough, sauce or sauceless, making pizzas until my hands ache parties I have decided that THIS recipe is hands down the best pizza you can make at home! This would be a great Superbowl Pizza!
Prep: 1.5 hrs
Cook Time: 15-20
Makes: 2 medium thin crust pies
- 1 (1/4 ounce) Package active dry yeast
- 1 C. Warm water
- 1 TBS. Sea salt
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 C. Cornmeal
Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
Add sea salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes. If making 2 pies split dough into 2 balls.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover, let rise in warmest place in house away from draft until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
Punch dough down each ball.
Brush 2, 10 inch pizza pans with oil and sprinkle cornmeal to cover pan.
Press dough across bottom of pan forming collar around edge to hold filling Top with fillings and bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes.
- 5-6 slices of cooked bacon, not too cooked
- 2 C. Sliced brussel sprouts
- 1/2 C. Parmigiano Reggiano , shredded
- 20 1/8 inch slices of fresh mozzarella rounds
- 1/2 C. Shallots, sliced
- Olive oil, 3 TBS
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Prepare dough and make pies.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil and spices.
- Spread oil mixture onto pies evenly.
- Distribute Mozzarella on to pies (they don’t have to touch, when they melt they will spread out).
- Distribute brussel sprouts bacon and shallots on top of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano lightly on top of both pies.
- Bake for about 15 min-20 min until crust is crispy and cheese is brown and bubbly.