I bought some green tomatoes from Johnson’s Backyard Garden last Saturday and decided these babies are either getting fried or going on a pizza… Pizza it was and it was fantastic! Also today is the last day to vote for my Morel and Bacon Egg Rolls! If you haven’t voted yet ( I know many of you have, Thank you so much) please do! Vote here.
Prep: 1 hr
Cook Time: 20-25 min
- 4 slices of Bacon, cooked until almost done
- Green tomatoes, 3-4 sliced (enough to cover pizza will depend on size)
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, sliced into medallions.
- Olive oil, about 3 TBS
- Salt, pepper, fine herbs (whatever you like).
- 1/4 C. Parmigiano reggiano, the GOOD stuff!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) Package active dry yeast
- 1 C. Warm water
- 1 TBS. Sea salt
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups Bread flour
- 1/4 C. Cornmeal
Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
Add sea salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 5 minutes. If making 2 pies split dough into 2 balls.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover, let rise in warmest place in house away from draft until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
Punch dough down each ball.
Roll out dough as you like and place on your cooking surface. (stone, tin, pan, etc.)To Top: lay down oil, herbs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place mozzarella on top, Then tomatoes, then bacon, Finally sprinkle with Parmigiano reggiano.Bake for 20-25 min until bubbly and goldenEnjoy and Cheers!