Prep Time: 10
Marinate Time: 4hrs to overnight
Cook Time: 3 min (depending on thickness of meat).
- 1/2 lb Flank steak or your choice of cut, 1/2 ” thick or so
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced, you can get fancy if you want or just plain ol’ slices
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 4-5 Thin slices of yellow onion
- 1 Handful of cilantro
- Mixed greens, your choice on how much.
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- Marinade ingredients: 2 tsp chili paste (I use garlic chili paste), 1 TBS fresh minced ginger, 1 TBS minced garlic, 1/4 C soy sauce, 1 TBS fish sauce, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1 pinch of pepper. Mix in bowl.
- Mix marinade and place meat in a ziplock or bowl and pour marinade over meat. Refrigerate for 4+ hours.
- Cut up produce and arrange salad in bowl.
- Heat large skillet on high, add canola oil. Remove meat from marinade DO NOT DISCARD MARINADE, take marinade and pour into small sauce pan, heat until boiling for 30 seconds then pour into a coffee cup and place into freezer while you cook your beef.
- Once skillet is hot, add beef and cook for about 1.5-2 min of each side (or longer if you like it well done).
- Slice meat and place on salad.
- Pour remaining marinade on both salads. Add cilantro to top of salad.
- Serve with soup if desired.