Healthy, Quick, and Simple Soup, Great for Lunch or a Side for Dinner!
I served this soup with pan seared Ahi Tuna on a bed of seasoned cabbage.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
- 4 C. chicken broth, free of MSG (You can use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian).
- 1 Medium purple headed turnip, thick julienne
- 2 Medium carrot , thick julienne
- 1 Quarter of an onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 Can of baby corn
- 4-6 chunks of fresh broccoli
- 1 TBS scallions
- 1 tsp of chili paste (more or less to taste depending on how hot you want it).
- 2 TBS soy sauce (light).
- 3 TBS lime juice
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 TBS green onions, sliced
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, add all produce except broccoli and green onions. Boil for 2 min
- Add lime juice, soy sauce, and chili paste. Boil for 5 min.
- Slowly whisk in egg, make sure soup is boiling.
- Add broccoli and cook for 3 more min.
Serve with green onion.
This low fat treat is great for a cold night like tonight! It’s got OVER 10 veggies in it! 🙂
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20-30 min
Serves: A lot 6-8?
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 head of purple cauliflower, broken down into small florets (JBG*)
- Broccoli florets, same amount as above (JBG)
- 4 carrots, sliced (JBG)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1/2 bunch mustard greens, chopped (JBG)
- 2 handfuls of collard greens, sliced
- Green Onion, chopped for topping (JBG)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 TBS fresh ginger, minced
- 3 limes
- 1 lemon
- 5 sprigs of thyme, pulled off stems
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
- 6-7 C. Chicken Stock, use a good quality one (without MSG) or homemade, I used 7 cups because I had extra in the fridge but two boxes is equal to 6 cups.
- 1 tsp butter
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 tsp of butter until browned
- Pour chicken stock in a large stock pot and turn on medium high, once onions and garlic are done transfer to stock pot with broth.
- Wash all veggies and slice, cut, break up accordingly.
- Transfer veggies to pot along with citrus juice and simmer for about 20 min. Then season broth with spices to taste.
- Cut up chicken breasts and let them cook for about 5 min or until done.
Serve with crackers or toast if desired. Also this is great without chicken too!
*JBG means these veggies are locally harvested organic produce from Johnson’s Backyard Garden
This is one of my favorite morning shakes and it takes no time at all in my Ninja Master Prep Blender!
- 1 Cup of frozen strawberries and bananas
- 1 Cup of good orange juice (pick your fav, or do fresh squeezed even).
- 1 TBS of Nopalina Flax Seed Plus Formula
Combine all ingredients and blend!
Nopalina: PROMOTES A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, HEALTHY DIGESTION, WEIGHT LOSS, REGULARITY & HEALTHY SUGAR LEVELS (WHEN LEVELS ARE ALREADY WITHIN NORMAL RANGE), so they say 🙂