This is a quick and healthy dinner that’s satisfying and tasty!
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 Min (3o min if you make potatoes, 10 without).
Serves: 2-3 (May have some left over for a small lunch).
- 16 Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Squash, sliced and quartered, thick chunks
- 1 Zucchini, sliced and quartered, thick chunks
- 1/2 C. Baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- .5 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Fine herbs
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning blend, I make my own but you can use Zatarran’s or something similar, look for one that doesn’t have MSG.
- Pinch of pepper
- Cut produce
- Peel shrimp, rinse, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a large skillet, add garlic and sauté until fragrant, add shrimp, cook for 2 min on each side until golden. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Cook veggies in other TBS of olive oil for about 7 min and add seasonings and stir to coat all the veggies, mix in shrimp for about a min and mix well.
- Serve with potatoes or your choice of side.
Mmmm… Mmmm… Good and NOT in a Processed Campbell’s Soup Kinda Way!
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15-20 min
- 1LB Organic broccoli (fresh, not frozen).
- 1 Medium shallot, chopped
- 1/4 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Large organic carrots, sliced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 and 3/4 C Sharp Cheddar
- 4 C. Chicken stock, look for free-range and free of MSG (or vegetable stock).
- 1/2 C. Organic half and half
- 4 TBS Organic flour
- 3 TBS Butter
- 1 tsp Fresh organic thyme
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, boil fresh broccoli and carrots for 2 min, then rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Reserve a handful of broccoli for the very end.
- Melt 3 TBS of butter in pot on medium, add onion, shallots, garlic, and thyme cook for 2 min, stirring constantly.
- Add 4 TBS of flour then slowly whisk chicken stock into mixture until dissolved. Add broccoli and carrots and cook for 2 min on high. Add garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Puree mixture with either a hand blender or food processor. (May want to do this in batches, depending on your blending method).
- Return to pot if need be and add half and half and cheese, stir well until all of the cheese is melted.
- Add broccoli reserve to pot of soup and salt to taste (about 1 tsp of sea salt to start).
- Serve with croutons or crackers.