Prep Time: 3 Min
Cook Time: 5 min
-Butter, 1 tsp
-2 slices of bread, I like whole wheat
-2 Slices of provolone cheese
-1 Pinch of black truffle salt
1. Butter bread on one side of each slice of bread
2. Place cheese slices in-between bread
3. Cook for about 2.5 min on medium high on each side until browned
4. Sprinkle truffle salt on top, not too much!!!
Don’t know where to get black truffle salt??? Try Savory Spice Shop or Marx Foods! it’s expensive, but you only need a PINCH!
If you like au-gratin potatoes try this zesty alternative, it’s made with RUTABAGA
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 50 min
- 1 large organic rutabaga, peeled and sliced thin (1cm)
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 C 1% milk
- 1/4 C light sour cream
- 1/2 C white cheese (I like a blend of swiss, monterey jack, and provolone).
- 1/2 C sharp cheddar
- 1/4 C sharp cheddar (reserve for end).
- 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp fresh ground pepper, and 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1tsp dried parsley
- Slice Rutabaga on a mandolin or carefully with a sharp knife.
- Cut up ingredients 2-4 (Poblano, onion, and garlic) and saute for 4 min on med high ( I use olive oil Pam, but you can use butter or olive oil).
- Boil rutabaga slices for 4-5 min and strain and place in medium casserole, then add sauteed mixture to casserole as well.
- In a medium pot bring milk to a simmer and cheeses stir until melted then add spices.
- Pour cheese mixture over ingredients in casserole.
- Add 1/4 cup of light sour cream and mix well.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with 1/4 C sharp cheddar id desired. Bake at 400 degrees covered for 45 min.
Healthy, Quick, and Simple Soup, Great for Lunch or a Side for Dinner!
I served this soup with pan seared Ahi Tuna on a bed of seasoned cabbage.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
- 4 C. chicken broth, free of MSG (You can use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian).
- 1 Medium purple headed turnip, thick julienne
- 2 Medium carrot , thick julienne
- 1 Quarter of an onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 Can of baby corn
- 4-6 chunks of fresh broccoli
- 1 TBS scallions
- 1 tsp of chili paste (more or less to taste depending on how hot you want it).
- 2 TBS soy sauce (light).
- 3 TBS lime juice
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 TBS green onions, sliced
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, add all produce except broccoli and green onions. Boil for 2 min
- Add lime juice, soy sauce, and chili paste. Boil for 5 min.
- Slowly whisk in egg, make sure soup is boiling.
- Add broccoli and cook for 3 more min.
Serve with green onion.
Mmmm… Mmmm… Good and NOT in a Processed Campbell’s Soup Kinda Way!
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15-20 min
- 1LB Organic broccoli (fresh, not frozen).
- 1 Medium shallot, chopped
- 1/4 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Large organic carrots, sliced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 and 3/4 C Sharp Cheddar
- 4 C. Chicken stock, look for free-range and free of MSG (or vegetable stock).
- 1/2 C. Organic half and half
- 4 TBS Organic flour
- 3 TBS Butter
- 1 tsp Fresh organic thyme
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, boil fresh broccoli and carrots for 2 min, then rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Reserve a handful of broccoli for the very end.
- Melt 3 TBS of butter in pot on medium, add onion, shallots, garlic, and thyme cook for 2 min, stirring constantly.
- Add 4 TBS of flour then slowly whisk chicken stock into mixture until dissolved. Add broccoli and carrots and cook for 2 min on high. Add garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Puree mixture with either a hand blender or food processor. (May want to do this in batches, depending on your blending method).
- Return to pot if need be and add half and half and cheese, stir well until all of the cheese is melted.
- Add broccoli reserve to pot of soup and salt to taste (about 1 tsp of sea salt to start).
- Serve with croutons or crackers.