This granita is a flavorful multi-dimensional creation that starts off cool and tart and builds with a fiery heat from the Thai and tepin chilies. It’s a short lived heat that surprisingly keeps you coming back for more. It’s sure to take your taste buds on a roller-coaster! I’m submitting this to the Fire and Ice Contest held by Marx Foods. I will post the link where you can vote for my creation as soon as it goes live. I appreciate the support as always! To read more about the contest click here. VOTE HERE NOW 🙂
Serves : 2
Prep: 10 min
Set Time: 3 hrs
- 1/4 C. Yuzu Juice
- 1/4 C. Water
- 1/4 C. Jasmine Tea
- 1/4 C. Agave Nectar
- 1 Thai chile, ground
- 2 Tepin chiles, ground
- 2 Cherries, pitted
- In a mortar and pestle, grind chilies, seeds and all.
- In a small/medium pot combine all ingredients and heat to a simmer for 10 min.
- Strain liquid, removing chilies and cherries. Reserve liquid and cherries.
- Place liquid in a shallow container and freeze for 3 hrs.
- Slice cherries and reserve.
- Once liquid is frozen, churn up with two forks and serve, garnishing with the soaked sliced cherries.
Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation from Marx Food for this post. All opinions are my own.
I know it’s been awhile since my last post, sometimes life gets in the way of hobbies, I’m back now 🙂
You are going to love this delicious and healthy dish. I’ve been trying to get more creative with my plating and take better photos of my food so let me know what you think!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 3/4 – 1lb Fresh Mahi Mahi, cut into 2 pieces
- 5 Baby zucchini or regular just sliced into small pieces
- 2 Small to medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 6-8 Purple potatoes, sliced very thin
- 1 Serrano pepper, sliced very thin
- 1 Green onion, sliced very thin
- 2-4 Shallots, sliced very thin
- 1-2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Lemons, one for juice, one for garnish
- 1/2 TBS of butter
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Dried fine herb blend
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice up the produce as directed above
- Place purple potato slices on a “Pamed” baking sheet, and place in pre-heated oven. Bake for 25 min.
- While potatoes are baking, heat up a grill skillet to medium high for your zucchini and tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and place on heated skillet, grill on both sides until cooked.
- Heat another medium non stick skillet to medium high for the fish, place a 1/2 TBS of butter in the skillet and cook the sliced shallots and garlic until crispy, remove and set aside. Then add fish, meat side down, cooking for 4 min. Flip and cook for 4 more. Transfer Zucchini, tomatoes, and fish into a casserole dish to finish in the 400 degree oven for about 8 more min, or until fish is cooked through.
- Plate meal, put green onion on top of potatoes. Place shallots, serranos and garlic, on top of fish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then drizzle with lemon juice.