This pork belly will melt in your mouth… not in your hand. I am LOVING my new cooking device, the Sous Vide Supreme, it’s the coolest thing ever!
I made this pork belly for NYE and it was a hit! It’s super simple (if you have a Sous Vide device). 🙂
Prep: 15 min
Cook Time: 20-25 hrs
Serves: 8 Tapas sized portions
- 1.5lbs whole pork belly sliced into 8 same sized portions
- 1 TBS Five Spice Powder
- 1/2 TBS Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground fennel
- Pam/butter for greasing skillet (not that you REALLY need it, but just for good measure incase your pan is too hot).
- Heat Sous Vide device to 160 F
- Mix herbs and seasonings together in a small bowl
- Coat pork belly portions in rub throughly
- Vacuum seal each portion separately
- Immerse in Sous Vide that’s heated to 160F for 20-25 hrs
- Take out and either sear the belly fat side down on a hot skillet to get a nice browned top or reserve in fridge until ready to fire and serve.
- Serve on top a mound of collards or greens and mashed potatoes.
I made a nice tarragon cream sauce to garnish on the side of the plate. It went nicely with the pork and the fennel notes.
Enjoy and Cheers!