Using a stick of butter or even a half a stick of butter just doesn’t sound very appealing to me especially after the holidays. So I made one of my favorites with a quarter of the fat and it turned out awesome! You will notice I served this in a “bread boat”, this is how Evan likes it. You can do it plain, in a boat, or on top of rice-your choice!
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Serves: 4-6 People
- 1lb Crawfish meat (shelled and deveined)
- 1 C. Celery, chopped
- 1 C. Red and Green Bell Pepper Mixture, chopped
- 1 C. Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Bay leave
- 1/2 C. Chicken Stock, no sodium
- 2 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS Coconut Oil
- 1 TBS Favorite cajun seasoning
- 1/2 TBS. Jalapeno (fresh), minced
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 TBS Flour dissolved in water
- Heat butter and coconut oil on medium, once hot add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the Holy Trinity: Bells, Onions, and Celery! Saute for 12-15 min
- Add Crawfish, seasoning, bay leave, and chicken stock and simmer for 10 min.
- Add flour to thicken sauce and season to taste with salt or more cajun seasoning.
- Serve over white rice or in a bread boat.