Thanks Matt for the tip to add Ginger Ale to cut the acidity from the limes!
Cook/Marinate Time: 6 hours-overnight
- 1 lb raw white fish ( I used fresh tilapia), cubed
- 1/2 cup raw shrimp, cubed
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 1/2 purple onion, cubed
- 1 large tomato, cubed
- 2 habaneros, minced (this recipe is a 1 on the spicy scale, add more for more heat).
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 15 limes, juiced
- 1.5 cans of ginger ale made from sugar cane
- Cut up produce and fish/shrimp
- Place in large bowl
- Juice limes and cover fish and produce ( I use an electric juicer to make it easier).
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours
- After 4 hours add Ginger Ale for 2 more hours
- Serve on crackers like saltines or melba toasts