This is a super easy dish to prepare in the crock pot for busy days! It’s healthy and prepared in four simple steps. Cooking this dish with bone in thighs give it a great flavor and is easier than other methods where you have to cut, cube, brown, pull etc…
Prep: 10 min
Cook Time: 7.5 hrs on LOW
- 4-6 Free-Range chicken thighs, most of fat removed (as much as you can) I just peel it off with my hands and discard.
- 32 oz Kitchen Basics no sodium chicken broth
- 32 oz Kitchen Basics regular beef broth
- 3 Large organic tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups or 1.5 cans).
- 4 Stalks of celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 Can of black beans
- 1.5 C. Corn, fresh is best (or one can).
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 TBS Sea salt, fresh ground pepper, mexican oregano, and chili powder (1 TBS each of these).
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin powder, freshly ground is always better 🙂
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 TBS Zestybeandog Fine Herb Blend (Coming soon for purchase).
- Cut produce that needs to be cut up and place in crock. Empty (drained) can of beans into crock as well.
- Skin chicken thighs and place in crock.
- Add stock to crock.
- Add spices. Cook for 7.5 hrs on LOW or 4 on high. Chicken should come right off the bone.
Serve with a little Monterrey Jack or cheese of your choice and crackers if desired. Watch for the bone. I serve one thigh for each person with the soup, the meat comes off the bone very easily. You can remove bone from thighs if desired before serving.