This is an awesome and simple meal that’s full of flavor and a heat, a good heat… not too long lasting but just right. This is a good dish to prep early in the day and cook later on for dinner!
It’s under 400 calories (about 375 ), approx: 19 grams of fat, 40 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and under 10 carbs (mainly complex).
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10-25 min
- 1/2 lb Ground Chicken Breast
- 2 Large Portobello Caps
- 1 Cup Organic Spinach Packed (Fresh or frozen will do).
- 1/4 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/3 C. Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Pepper
- 3 tsp. Green Curry Paste
- 1 tsp. Organic Coconut Oil
- 5 Cashews, chopped
- Steam Portobello caps for 6 min. Pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
- In medium skillet on medium high, add coconut oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add ground chicken breast and cook until 90 % done or so.
- Add curry paste and coconut milk and reduce heat to low, simmering for 10 min. Stirring often.
- Place a mound of the chicken mixture onto each cap. If you are cooking immediately preheat oven to 350F and bake for 10 min. If you are cooking later, place meal in fridge until ready to cook, when ready, preheat oven to 375 F and cook for 20-25 min or until hot.
- Top with a pinch of chopped cashews.
Serve with green beans or a salad. 🙂
These delicious and healthy kebabs are filled with powerful, natural anti-inflammatory agents and disease fighting compounds, see what Dr. Weil has to say.
Prep: 10-15 min
Marinate Time: 2 hours at least, the longer the better.
Cook: 10 min for garlic, around 15-20 min for the skewers
Serves: 2-4 depending on how many other things you are serving.
- 1/2 Onion, cut in half then quartered, into squares
- 1 Squash, sliced in 1/2 inch think rings
- 1 Zucchini, sliced in 1/2 inch think rings
- 7 Large mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch
- 1 green bell, cut into squares
- 5 limes, 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 cloves of toasted garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Sumac, I got this from my husbands parents that are currently in South Korea and I’ve never cooked with it until now, it’s lovely! It can be found at specialty shops and could be omitted if you don’t have any luck finding it, just replace it with some lemon zest (1/2 tsp).
- 2 tsp olive oil, one for marinade and one for garlic
- 1 TBS Curry
- 1 TBS Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp red pepper, dried
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly ground (I used 3 types, black, pink, and white).
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, chop up garlic and place small baking dish with 1 tsp of olive oil, bake 10-15 min or until golden.
- Cut up produce and chicken as described above and place in a large casserole.
- Add all spices, cooked garlic, citrus juice, and olive oil, mix well coating all the pieces.
- Marinate for two hours at least, you can marinate over night as well.
- Soak skewers in water (7-8 skewers).
- Skewer up your kebabs alternating veggies while adding chicken here and there, I put 2-3 pieces of chicken on each skewer, so they were predominately veggies. Reserve the marinade if there is any left and put in a small stock pot and boil for 30 sec, use this to drizzle on kebabs once they are done BBQ’ing.
- Grill on charcoal or broil, turning to get all sides for about 15-20 min, or until chicken is done.
- Drizzle with reserved marinade if desired.
Serve with couscous. CHEERS!
This low fat treat is great for a cold night like tonight! It’s got OVER 10 veggies in it! 🙂
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20-30 min
Serves: A lot 6-8?
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 head of purple cauliflower, broken down into small florets (JBG*)
- Broccoli florets, same amount as above (JBG)
- 4 carrots, sliced (JBG)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1/2 bunch mustard greens, chopped (JBG)
- 2 handfuls of collard greens, sliced
- Green Onion, chopped for topping (JBG)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 TBS fresh ginger, minced
- 3 limes
- 1 lemon
- 5 sprigs of thyme, pulled off stems
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
- 6-7 C. Chicken Stock, use a good quality one (without MSG) or homemade, I used 7 cups because I had extra in the fridge but two boxes is equal to 6 cups.
- 1 tsp butter
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 tsp of butter until browned
- Pour chicken stock in a large stock pot and turn on medium high, once onions and garlic are done transfer to stock pot with broth.
- Wash all veggies and slice, cut, break up accordingly.
- Transfer veggies to pot along with citrus juice and simmer for about 20 min. Then season broth with spices to taste.
- Cut up chicken breasts and let them cook for about 5 min or until done.
Serve with crackers or toast if desired. Also this is great without chicken too!
*JBG means these veggies are locally harvested organic produce from Johnson’s Backyard Garden