These delicious and healthy kebabs are filled with powerful, natural anti-inflammatory agents and disease fighting compounds, see what Dr. Weil has to say.
Marinate Time: 2 hours at least, the longer the better.
Cook: 10 min for garlic, around 15-20 min for the skewers
Serves: 2-4 depending on how many other things you are serving.
- 1/2 Onion, cut in half then quartered, into squares
- 1 Squash, sliced in 1/2 inch think rings
- 1 Zucchini, sliced in 1/2 inch think rings
- 7 Large mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large chicken breast, cubed 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch
- 1 green bell, cut into squares
- 5 limes, 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 cloves of toasted garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Sumac, I got this from my husbands parents that are currently in South Korea and I’ve never cooked with it until now, it’s lovely! It can be found at specialty shops and could be omitted if you don’t have any luck finding it, just replace it with some lemon zest (1/2 tsp).
- 2 tsp olive oil, one for marinade and one for garlic
- 1 TBS Curry
- 1 TBS Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp red pepper, dried
- 1 tsp pepper, freshly ground (I used 3 types, black, pink, and white).
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, chop up garlic and place small baking dish with 1 tsp of olive oil, bake 10-15 min or until golden.
- Cut up produce and chicken as described above and place in a large casserole.
- Add all spices, cooked garlic, citrus juice, and olive oil, mix well coating all the pieces.
- Marinate for two hours at least, you can marinate over night as well.
- Soak skewers in water (7-8 skewers).
- Skewer up your kebabs alternating veggies while adding chicken here and there, I put 2-3 pieces of chicken on each skewer, so they were predominately veggies. Reserve the marinade if there is any left and put in a small stock pot and boil for 30 sec, use this to drizzle on kebabs once they are done BBQ’ing.
- Grill on charcoal or broil, turning to get all sides for about 15-20 min, or until chicken is done.
- Drizzle with reserved marinade if desired.
Serve with couscous. CHEERS!