So I’m on a grilled cheese kick if you haven’t noticed, so simple and so good… How could you not LOVE fancy pants grilled cheeses (I guess if you didn’t care for cheese *GASP*)? 🙂
Prep: 3 min
Cook: 5 min
- 2 Slices of 9 Grain bakery bread
- Butter, or substitute like Earth Balance
- 2 Slices of cheddar cheese, I did use 2% milk cheese, regular cheddar is great too! 😉
- 1 Slice of Capicola
- 1 Pinch ZestyBeanDog Fine Herb Blend (coming VERY soon for purchase 🙂 ).
- 1 Handful of kale (stems removed) and one handful of arugula
- Your favorite dressing, I made a lemon herb cesar to go with mine.
- Heat small skillet to medium high, butter bread on one side of each slice, layer : Bread, cheese, capicola, cheese, bread. Cook for 2 min on each side or until golden, sprinkle with ZBD fine herb blend and kosher salt.
- Enjoy with your kale and arugula salad!
All I can say about this pizza is one word… UNBELIEVABLE!!! Quote from my husband Evan: “This is the kind of pizza you order over and over again at a restaurant because it’s so good.”
Prep: This depends on if you make your own dough, you can buy pre-made at most stores now or Central Market. Minus dough making it will take about 10 min to prep.
Cook Time: 4 min for collard greens, 10 min for crispy garlic, and 12-15 min for pizza.
- Dough can be homemade or store bought- a good dough is important!
- 1 large handful of collard greens, chopped up small (1″x 1″)
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 C Chicken stock
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 slices of Prosciutto (find one cured with sea salt, not nitrates if possible).
- 14 oz of a mozzarella, provolone, and swiss blend, shredded, (you can use more or less depending on how much cheese you like).
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (don’t skimp, use some good stuff).
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes (the dry kind, not in oil) sliced.
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 3-5 oz of Muir Organic Tomato Sauce (add 1/2 TBS of herbs de provence, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and pinch of salt and stir).
- Preheat Oven to 350 to start (later you will bump up to 400).
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice, and pinch of salt to a medium skillet on med high, add chopped collard greens and cook for 3-4 min. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cut up garlic and transfer to a small baking dish with 1 tsp of olive oil, bake for about 10 min. They should be turning golden but not burning.
- Make sauce up with herbs from above in a small bowl.
- Start assembling pizza: Dough, sauce, cheese blend, collard greens, prosciutto, tomatoes, garlic, then parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Bake for 12-15 min @ 400 degrees
Enjoy! You will love the slight taste of lemon in the collard greens and the crispy garlic that penetrates this pie!