I have decided that I will post a new pizza recipe every week! Since I love pizza and love experimenting with different options this will be a great way to do it 🙂 Pizza just may be one of my favorite things, just maybe… I’m also in LOVE with broccoli greens…
Prep: 1 hr
Cook Time: 20-25 min
- 1 Chicken breast, sliced into somewhat of medallions, cooked in your fav herbs.
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, sliced into medallions.
- 1-2 Shallots, sliced
- 1 Bunch of broccoli greens, take stems off and wash leaves and pat dry.
- Olive oil, about 3 TBS
- Salt, pepper, fine herbs (whatever you like).
- 1/4 C. Parmigiano reggiano, the GOOD stuff!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) Package active dry yeast
- 1 C. Warm water
- 1 TBS. Sea salt
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups Bread flour
- 1/4 C. Cornmeal
Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
Add sea salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 5 minutes. If making 2 pies split dough into 2 balls.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover, let rise in warmest place in house away from draft until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
Punch dough down each ball.
Roll out dough as you like and place on your cooking surface. (stone, tin, pan, etc.)
To Top: lay down oil, herbs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, lay down brocolli greens, mozzarella, shallots, chicken, and sprinkle with parm.
Bake for 20-25 min until bubbly and golden!
Brussel greens are a delicious commonly discarded green that is worth trying out! Next time your at your local farmer’s market pick some up! I also like to mix them with collard greens.
Prep: This depends on if you make your own dough, you can buy pre-made at most stores now or Central Market. Minus dough making it will take about 10 min to prep.
Cook Time: 4 min for brussel greens, and 12-15 min for pizza.
- Dough can be homemade or store bought- a good dough is important!
- 5 Brussel green leaves, chopped up small (1″x 1″)
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 large mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 C Tarragon wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 slices of uncured nitrate free bacon cooked and chopped up.
- 14 oz of a mozzarella, provolone, and swiss blend, shredded, (you can use more or less depending on how much cheese you like).
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (don’t skimp, use some good stuff).
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 3-5 oz of Muir Organic Tomato Sauce (add 1/2 TBS of herbs de provence, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper and pinch of salt and stir).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon wine vinegar, and pinch of salt and pepper to a medium skillet on med high, add chopped brussel greens and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 min. Transfer to a bowl.
- Make sauce up with herbs from above in a small bowl.
- Start assembling pizza: Dough, sauce, 1/2 of cheese blend, brussel greens and mushroom mixture, other half of cheese, bacon, fresh garlic, then parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Bake for 12-15 min @ 400 degrees
Enjoy! You will love the unique taste of the brussel greens, these are uncommon to find in grocery stores look at your local farmers market.