Easy and delicious salad (that even dudes like). I’m not a huge fan of romaine lettuce so I used baby spinach and arugula and it was great!
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 10-15 min
- 2 Chicken breasts, raw
- 2 C. Arugula
- 2 C. Spinach
- 1/4 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 Loaf of french bread, frozen or a few days old is best, so it’s hardened
- 2 TBS Olive oil
- 1/2 TBS Zestybeandog Fine Herb Blend
- Sea salt, pepper, and extra herb blend for chicken.
- Cesar dressing, I use Annie’s Naturals Cesar Dressing and add more lemon juice, pepper, salt, and parmesan to taste. Or you could make your own, I was going to BUT I’m fresh out of anchovies… 🙂
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut up bread into crouton sized chunks, take olive oil and “baste” on to bread, sprinkle with herb blend and salt. Bake until golden (5-8 min) watch them!
- Season chicken breasts with herb blend, salt, and pepper. Cook in medium skillet on medium with olive oil or butter (not much about a TBS) until done.
- Mix up arugula and spinach and separate into two bowls. Add cooked chicken, croutons, and dressing to top of salad. Sprinkle top of salad with parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper. Enjoy