Evan and I started a 90 Day Challenge Saturday at our gym to get back to our healthy living habits! We have been “slacking off” I guess you could say and not feeling as good as we could and should. You will be seeing more “healthy meals” over the next few months so I hope you enjoy.
My main goal is to eliminate as much processed food as possible from snacks to pasta and everything in-between. I’m usually really good at this but lately I’ve been a SLACKER!!!
We really enjoyed this meal last night.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 20 min
- 8oz Wild Coho Salmon (cut into two portions).
- 1 TBS, Dill Pollen
- 1/8 tsp. Celtic Salt or Fleur de Sal
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Black Pepper, coarse ground
- 1/2 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil
Collards with Artichoke Hearts & Applewood Bacon
- 1 Bunch of Collards, stemmed and chopped.
- 1/2 C. No Sodium Chicken Stock, Kitchen Basics
- 2 Slices of Nitrate Free Applewood Bacon
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 Artichoke Hearts, quartered
- 1 Pinch of Celtic Salt or Fleur de Sal
Mashed Cauliflower (makes 3 servings)
- 1 head of Cauliflower, stem removed
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1/8 C. No Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 oz of Farmer’s Cheese (you can omit if you don’t do dairy).
- 1/4 C. Green Onion, sliced
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375 F.
- Wash fish and make sure scales and bones are non existent. Pat dry.
- Mix dill pollen, garlic, salt, and pepper on a shallow plate or bowl.
- Rub 1/2 tsp of coconut oil on each portion.
- Place fish side down on spice blend and coat evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until done to your liking.
- Cut up bacon with cooking shears, cook until 80% done.
- Drain grease from pan and with same pan on medium heat, add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add greens and add half of stock. Cook for 2 min
- Add bacon back in and rest of stock, cover and simmer on low for 15-20 min.
- Add Artichoke hearts for last 5 min.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and cook cauliflower for 6 min.
- In a blender, blend cauliflower,stock, butter, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Mix in green onions.