This is an awesome and simple meal that’s full of flavor and a heat, a good heat… not too long lasting but just right. This is a good dish to prep early in the day and cook later on for dinner!
It’s under 400 calories (about 375 ), approx: 19 grams of fat, 40 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber, and under 10 carbs (mainly complex).
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 10-25 min
- 1/2 lb Ground Chicken Breast
- 2 Large Portobello Caps
- 1 Cup Organic Spinach Packed (Fresh or frozen will do).
- 1/4 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/3 C. Organic Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Pepper
- 3 tsp. Green Curry Paste
- 1 tsp. Organic Coconut Oil
- 5 Cashews, chopped
- Steam Portobello caps for 6 min. Pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
- In medium skillet on medium high, add coconut oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add ground chicken breast and cook until 90 % done or so.
- Add curry paste and coconut milk and reduce heat to low, simmering for 10 min. Stirring often.
- Place a mound of the chicken mixture onto each cap. If you are cooking immediately preheat oven to 350F and bake for 10 min. If you are cooking later, place meal in fridge until ready to cook, when ready, preheat oven to 375 F and cook for 20-25 min or until hot.
- Top with a pinch of chopped cashews.
Serve with green beans or a salad. 🙂
Evan and I started a 90 Day Challenge Saturday at our gym to get back to our healthy living habits! We have been “slacking off” I guess you could say and not feeling as good as we could and should. You will be seeing more “healthy meals” over the next few months so I hope you enjoy.
My main goal is to eliminate as much processed food as possible from snacks to pasta and everything in-between. I’m usually really good at this but lately I’ve been a SLACKER!!!
We really enjoyed this meal last night.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 20 min
- 8oz Wild Coho Salmon (cut into two portions).
- 1 TBS, Dill Pollen
- 1/8 tsp. Celtic Salt or Fleur de Sal
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Black Pepper, coarse ground
- 1/2 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil
Collards with Artichoke Hearts & Applewood Bacon
- 1 Bunch of Collards, stemmed and chopped.
- 1/2 C. No Sodium Chicken Stock, Kitchen Basics
- 2 Slices of Nitrate Free Applewood Bacon
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 Artichoke Hearts, quartered
- 1 Pinch of Celtic Salt or Fleur de Sal
Mashed Cauliflower (makes 3 servings)
- 1 head of Cauliflower, stem removed
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1/8 C. No Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 oz of Farmer’s Cheese (you can omit if you don’t do dairy).
- 1/4 C. Green Onion, sliced
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 375 F.
- Wash fish and make sure scales and bones are non existent. Pat dry.
- Mix dill pollen, garlic, salt, and pepper on a shallow plate or bowl.
- Rub 1/2 tsp of coconut oil on each portion.
- Place fish side down on spice blend and coat evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until done to your liking.
- Cut up bacon with cooking shears, cook until 80% done.
- Drain grease from pan and with same pan on medium heat, add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add greens and add half of stock. Cook for 2 min
- Add bacon back in and rest of stock, cover and simmer on low for 15-20 min.
- Add Artichoke hearts for last 5 min.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and cook cauliflower for 6 min.
- In a blender, blend cauliflower,stock, butter, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- Mix in green onions.