Need a Quick, Easy, and Under 300 Calories Labor Day Grill Plan? (It’s under 300 calories IF you use an Orowheat Sandwich Thin rather than the buns in the picture) 🙂
Prep: 2 min
Cook Time: 5-8 min
- 2 Applegate Farms Hot Dogs You can use regular or organic, these are the ONLY hotdogs I’ll eat, they are free of fillers, nitrates and preservatives and they are delicious and low fat!
- 2 Buns of your choice, or Orowheat whole wheat sandwich thin split in 2.
- 2-4 Sport peppers
- 4 Tomato slices, I like Heirloom or green ones if available.
- Yellow or spicy mustard
- 2 pinches of 2 % cheese (about a TBS).
- 1/4 tsp. Celery salt
- 1 Claussen spear, split in half long ways.
Instructions: (It’s simple)
- Cook dogs on skillet or grill, turning so you get a nice brown dog.
- Assemble : Bun, Mustard, Cheese, Dog, Peps, Tomato, Pickle Spear, then sprinkle with celery salt! Yes, you can top with mustard as well if you want double mustard.
- Enjoy with a cold beer 🙂
Easy to make homemade ham glaze! Happy Holidays!
- 1/3 C. Vinegar
- 1/3 C. Molasis
- 1/3 C. Light Karo
- 2 TBS Quality strawberry preserves
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 C. White Sugar
- 1/2 C. Pulpy OJ (or fresh squeezed)
- 7 whole allspice balls, 7 cloves, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cayanne, and 1/4 tsp freshly ground cinnamon: All ground in a mortar and pestle until smooth.
- 1 TBS butter, salted
Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan on medium heat for 5 min reduce to low heat for an additional 10 while stirring to smooth out mixture.
Glaze ham as you normally would and do it frequently 🙂
Just Plain Ol’ Fall Off the Bone Good BBQ RIBS
Prep: 15 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs (or until they fall off the bone).
Serves: Depends on how hungry you are!
PREP GRILL FIRST:
I use a medium bag of coals and after they are ready to go I knock them all down and slide to the back half of the pit so I can place the ribs wrapped in foil on the front half to “smoke” them.
Ingredients and instructions:
- Fresh Pork Spare Ribs (how ever many you want) I eat about 3 but you may want to eat 6 🙂
- Lay out to long pieces of foil and place ribs on top of double layered foil.
- Spices: 1.5 tsp paprika, 1 tsb chili powder, 1tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp onion powder, Blend all spices together and rub onto pork ribs.
- Salt Lick Hot BBQ Sauce: Drizzle about 2 TBS on each side and rub all over ribs.
- Wrap up Ribs in foil tightly.
- Place on prepped grill and cook for 1 hr and 45 min.
- Take Ribs out of foil and place on bbq pit for 5 min each side to char.
Serve with any sides you want I like mac and cheese and collard greens 🙂