This is a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner dish that is super simple to prepare. You will love it!!!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 6 min
- 2 Ahi tuna steaks (I like to do about a 4-5 oz steak).
- 2 cups Green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups Purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 TBS Pickled ginger
- 3 TBS Cilantro, chopped rough
- 1 TBS Black sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil
Dressing for slaw
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Agave nectar
- 1 TBS Yuzu juice
- 2 TBS Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Wasabi paste
- Wash Ahi and pat dry, season with salt and pepper. Place in fridge while you prep slaw.
- Mix cabbage, cilantro, sesame seeds, and ginger in a medium mixing bowl. Place in fridge.
- Mix up slaw dressing and reserve, dress right before serving.
- In medium to large skillet heat 1 tsp of coconut oil on medium high.
- Sear tuna for about 3 min on each side, at the end of the second side sear the edges quickly- serve rare. You can always cook longer but do not over cook! You want it to be pink in the middle. 🙂
- Place tuna on top of dressed slaw salad! Serve with anything else you like, I did sweet potato gnocchi!