Healthy, Quick, and Simple Soup, Great for Lunch or a Side for Dinner!
I served this soup with pan seared Ahi Tuna on a bed of seasoned cabbage.
Cook: 10 min
- 4 C. chicken broth, free of MSG (You can use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian).
- 1 Medium purple headed turnip, thick julienne
- 2 Medium carrot , thick julienne
- 1 Quarter of an onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 Can of baby corn
- 4-6 chunks of fresh broccoli
- 1 TBS scallions
- 1 tsp of chili paste (more or less to taste depending on how hot you want it).
- 2 TBS soy sauce (light).
- 3 TBS lime juice
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 TBS green onions, sliced
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, add all produce except broccoli and green onions. Boil for 2 min
- Add lime juice, soy sauce, and chili paste. Boil for 5 min.
- Slowly whisk in egg, make sure soup is boiling.
- Add broccoli and cook for 3 more min.
Serve with green onion.