I’m on a Hatch Chili kick as you can see. Here’s another good and wholesome unprocessed meal that’s gluten, GMO, and dairy free that has hatch chilies!!! Unlike your typical shepherd’s pie, I used cauliflower in place of potatoes and threw a sprinkle of bacon on top since everything is better with a little bacon!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 25-35 min
- 1/2 lb Bison, ground
- 2 Cups Mixed Organic Squash
- 1 Cup Organic Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 Hot Roasted Hatch Chilies
- 2 Slices of Cooked Bacon (Nitrate and preservative free), chopped.
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (you can use lite if you’d like).
- 1/2 Cup No Sodium Beef or Bison Broth
- Celtic Salt
- 1/2 Head of Cauliflower
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown meat with onion and garlic until brown, once brown add stock and all veggies EXCEPT cauliflower and 1 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp. of pepper. Cook for 15 min on low to simmer. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- While Mixture is cooking, bring a large pot of water to boil and cook cauliflower until done. Blend/pulse in a blender with 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk and add salt to taste. (Think mashed potatoes)! (You can add butter if you would like here, like a TBS).
- In a medium casserole and meat and veggie mixture and top with cauliflower puree, spread evenly. Top with bacon.
- Save to bake later: Wrap with foil and place in fridge. When you are ready to re-heat heat oven to 350F and cook for 25 -35 min or until hot in middle.
- If you are cooking right away heat oven to 350 F and cook for 10-15 min.