This is the perfect little frozen treat to make at home. It’s so refreshing and so simple to make.
Prep Time: 20 min
Set Time: about 2-3 hours or so, or until mostly frozen.
- 3 large organic cucumbers peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 C. White sugar ( I would like to try this with agave nectar next time).
- 3/4 C. Water
- 1/4 C. Yuzu Juice
- Fresh basil
- Sea Salt (if desired).
- 2 sprigs of fresh lavender
- Juice cucumbers if you have a juicer, if not blend in a blender and strain through a mesh strainer or cheese cloth, reserve juice.
- Heat water and yuzu juice to a boil, adding lavender sprigs. Stir in sugar and create a simple syrupy substance, once sugar is melted take off heat and let cool. Remove lavender sprigs and discard.
- Combine juice and syrup in a shallow plastic plan.
- Freeze until mostly frozen, scrape icy mixture with a fork to “fluff” up.
- Serve with a basil and salt garnish.
Enjoy and cheers!
It’s pizza time again! Here’s a timeless classic, I know it’s a change of pace from my usually uniquely exciting pies but I like normal stuff too, stuff without kale and yuzu juice 😉 Enjoy and HAPPY EASTER!
Prep: 1 hr
Cook Time: 20-25 min
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 C. Crushed tomatoes (to make a sauce)
- 1/4 C. Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp. Fresh basil (for sauce).
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, sliced into medallions
- Olive oil, about 1 TBS
- Salt, pepper, fine herbs (whatever you like).
- 1/4 C. Parmigiano reggiano, the GOOD stuff!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) Package active dry yeast
- 1 C. Warm water
- 1 TBS. Sea salt
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups Bread flour
- 1/4 C. Cornmeal
Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
Add sea salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 5 minutes. If making 2 pies split dough into 2 balls.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover, let rise in warmest place in house away from draft until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
Punch dough down each ball.
Roll out dough as you like and place on your cooking surface. (stone, tin, pan, etc.) Use cornmeal to prevent sticking
To Top: lay down oil, crushed tomato and herbs (with that TBS of basil) process it briefly, then place mozzarella on top, Then romas, Finally sprinkle with Parmigiano reggiano. Bake until golden and top with fresh basil chiffonade.
Bake for 20-25 min until bubbly and golden!
Enjoy and Cheers!
I love making casseroles early in the day and then popping them in the oven for dinner, there’s just something about not having to cook after a long day of work or play! It’s even better when you’re lucky and your husband/wife does the dishes afterwards (and no… putting soapy water in the casserole and letting it soak over night does not count as “doing” the dishes) 🙂 This is a delicious meal that will have you coming back for seconds… I promise!
Also as an added bonus, when you subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts you will be entered to win some of this sweet sweet ZestyBeanDog Fine Herb Blend you keep reading about oh so often! I will be doing a special subscriber give-away on the 31st! Good luck!
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25-35 min
- 1/2 lb Sausage, ground fresh
- 1-2 Shallots, minced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 C. Sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Can of organic tomatoes, diced (don’t drain the juice).
- 1 Large organic tomato, sliced (discard top and bottom).
- 1 C. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 C. Parmesan Reggiano, grated (You should know by now, THE GOOD STUFF) 🙂
- 1 TBS ZestyBeanDog Fine Herb Blend or your own fine herb blend
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 C. Fresh Basil (half in casserole, 1/2 on top when done as garnish).
- 1/2 TBS. Butter
- 2 C. Farfalle, I prefer whole wheat
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add Farfalle and cook right before it’s al dente.
- Melt butter in large skillet on med high, add garlic and shallots and cook for 1 min until fragrant. Add sausage and then brown it.
- Add Mushrooms and can of tomatoes and mix well, add spices and simmer for 10 min. Turn off heat.
- Add pasta to sausage mixture and mozzarella cheese and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to medium casserole, place sliced tomatoes on top and top tomatoes with parmesan cheese, bake at 350 F. for 20 min if baking right away, if reheating from fridge bake for 35 min or until done.
- Once done, garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!