I know what you’re thinking…. GROSS. It’s actually a very good pizza! I promise…
Since we’ve moved into the new house we haven’t made as as many pies as we used to. I guess we are still getting used to the space 🙂 This one was AWESOME!
Prep: 1 hr
Cook Time: 20-25 min
- 1 Cup Kimchi (drained of liquid, pres with paper towel).
- 1/3 lb Sirloin sliced thinly (helps to freeze slightly before slicing).
- 1 Cup Rough cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Green onion
- 10 oz Mozzarella cheese, (I use slices of fresh mozz).
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 Cup Ponzu sauce
- 1 TBS Fish sauce
- 1/4 C. Sirracha
- 1 (1/4 ounce) Package active dry yeast
- 1 C. Warm water (may need more)
- 1 TBS. Sea salt
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups Bread flour
Instructions For Dough:
Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
Add sea salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 5 minutes. If making 2 pies split dough into 2 balls. Knead until the edges of bowl are clean, this may take more flour or more water.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover, let rise in warmest place in house away from draft until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
Punch dough down each ball.
Roll out dough as you like and place on your cooking surface. (stone, tin, pan, etc.)
- Par Bake for 5 min if crispy crust is desired…
- Marinate sirloin in fish sauce and ponzu for 1 hr. Then cook in skillet until browned and done.
- Once dough is ready. (Par baking is optimal), spread a very thin layer of Sirracha on pie, then add mozzarella, cooked sirloin, then cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10-15 min.
- Add drained kimchi, cilantro, and green onion to top of pie.