If you like au-gratin potatoes try this zesty alternative, it’s made with RUTABAGA
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 50 min
- 1 large organic rutabaga, peeled and sliced thin (1cm)
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 C 1% milk
- 1/4 C light sour cream
- 1/2 C white cheese (I like a blend of swiss, monterey jack, and provolone).
- 1/2 C sharp cheddar
- 1/4 C sharp cheddar (reserve for end).
- 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp fresh ground pepper, and 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1tsp dried parsley
- Slice Rutabaga on a mandolin or carefully with a sharp knife.
- Cut up ingredients 2-4 (Poblano, onion, and garlic) and saute for 4 min on med high ( I use olive oil Pam, but you can use butter or olive oil).
- Boil rutabaga slices for 4-5 min and strain and place in medium casserole, then add sauteed mixture to casserole as well.
- In a medium pot bring milk to a simmer and cheeses stir until melted then add spices.
- Pour cheese mixture over ingredients in casserole.
- Add 1/4 cup of light sour cream and mix well.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with 1/4 C sharp cheddar id desired. Bake at 400 degrees covered for 45 min.
Healthy, Quick, and Simple Soup, Great for Lunch or a Side for Dinner!
I served this soup with pan seared Ahi Tuna on a bed of seasoned cabbage.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
- 4 C. chicken broth, free of MSG (You can use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian).
- 1 Medium purple headed turnip, thick julienne
- 2 Medium carrot , thick julienne
- 1 Quarter of an onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 Can of baby corn
- 4-6 chunks of fresh broccoli
- 1 TBS scallions
- 1 tsp of chili paste (more or less to taste depending on how hot you want it).
- 2 TBS soy sauce (light).
- 3 TBS lime juice
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 TBS green onions, sliced
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, add all produce except broccoli and green onions. Boil for 2 min
- Add lime juice, soy sauce, and chili paste. Boil for 5 min.
- Slowly whisk in egg, make sure soup is boiling.
- Add broccoli and cook for 3 more min.
Serve with green onion.
Mmmm… Mmmm… Good and NOT in a Processed Campbell’s Soup Kinda Way!
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15-20 min
- 1LB Organic broccoli (fresh, not frozen).
- 1 Medium shallot, chopped
- 1/4 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Large organic carrots, sliced
- 3 Cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 and 3/4 C Sharp Cheddar
- 4 C. Chicken stock, look for free-range and free of MSG (or vegetable stock).
- 1/2 C. Organic half and half
- 4 TBS Organic flour
- 3 TBS Butter
- 1 tsp Fresh organic thyme
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, boil fresh broccoli and carrots for 2 min, then rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Reserve a handful of broccoli for the very end.
- Melt 3 TBS of butter in pot on medium, add onion, shallots, garlic, and thyme cook for 2 min, stirring constantly.
- Add 4 TBS of flour then slowly whisk chicken stock into mixture until dissolved. Add broccoli and carrots and cook for 2 min on high. Add garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Puree mixture with either a hand blender or food processor. (May want to do this in batches, depending on your blending method).
- Return to pot if need be and add half and half and cheese, stir well until all of the cheese is melted.
- Add broccoli reserve to pot of soup and salt to taste (about 1 tsp of sea salt to start).
- Serve with croutons or crackers.
This is one of my favorite morning shakes and it takes no time at all in my Ninja Master Prep Blender!
- 1 Cup of frozen strawberries and bananas
- 1 Cup of good orange juice (pick your fav, or do fresh squeezed even).
- 1 TBS of Nopalina Flax Seed Plus Formula
Combine all ingredients and blend!
Nopalina: PROMOTES A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE, HEALTHY DIGESTION, WEIGHT LOSS, REGULARITY & HEALTHY SUGAR LEVELS (WHEN LEVELS ARE ALREADY WITHIN NORMAL RANGE), so they say 🙂