Ground Bison Sliders on Hawaiian Bread Buns with Goat Cheese & Bacon with a side of Sinfully Good Fancy Mac
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8-10 min
Ingredients for Sliders
- 1 lb Lean Ground Bison, we get ours from a local Farmer’s Market.
- 1/4 cup white onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 egg yolk or white (not both).
- 3 pieces of bacon (find a quality uncured version, nitrates are bad for you).
- Goat cheese
- Kings Mini Hawaiian Rolls for buns
- Chipotle mayo for serving (Olive oil mayo, squeeze of lemon juice, 1/4 tsp of ground chipotle, dash of pepper.
- Mix first 7 ingredients together and mold into 9 mini patties.
- Heat large skillet on stove on medium high (can be grilled outdoors as well).
- Cook burgers to your desired taste (medium to medium rare is best).
- Construct burgers: bun, patty, goat cheese, tomato, bacon (if desired), then mayo the top bun-Done!
Prep Time: 15-20 min
Cook Time: 45 min
- 1 pound whole wheat gemelli
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- About 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, very finely chopped or dried is fine too
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups whole milk (I’ve used 1.5 cups skim and 1.5 cups half&half before).
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/3 pound Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/4 pound sharp white cheddar
- 1 rounded tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for pasta. Add salt and cook pasta 2 minutes shy of suggested cooking time. Drain.
- In a saucepot, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Grate garlic directly into the butter and add a pinch of salt. Stir garlic in butter a minute then pour into small bowl. Add breadcrumbs and work the garlic butter through breadcrumbs with your fingertips. Combine with Parm cheese and parsley and add a pinch of cayenne.
- Return butter pot to stove and melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Whisk in flour, let cook 1 minute then whisk in milk. Bring to a bubble then let thicken so it coats the back of a spoon, 8-10 minutes. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. With a wooden spoon, stir cheeses into the sauce in a figure-8 motion. Once cheese melts, add Dijon.
- Toss sauce with drained macaroni and transfer to a baking dish or individual dishes. Top macaroni and cheese with breadcrumbs and bake 30 minutes or so until brown and bubbly.