I’ve entered into another contest 🙂 … Marx Foods Cocktails and Mocktails Contest! They graciously hooked me up with several ingredients to experiment with: fennel pollen, saffron, long pepper, dill pollen, juniper berriesand dried pineapple. I love experimenting with new cocktails so I was very excited about this challenge.
I know many of you will be in shock… but for this challenge I did NOT use Yuzu. Being a Marx Foods Yuzu Ambassador (it’s official, I have a badge), I know I have probably committed a Yuzu ambassador sin. The truth is, I just ran out last week (had it been in the fridge we all know it would have been in there somewhere)!
Anyhow! I’m more than pleased with my results!
The clementine ice cubes make this cocktail over the top! When you get the little bits of fresh squeezed clementine it makes this drink extra special! The subtle hint of cucumber and saffron makes this drink a delightfully refreshing cocktail that everyone will enjoy!
Makes 2 delightful drinks
- 6 Clementine ice cubes (see below for instructions).
- 20 threads of saffron
- 8 oz Pimm’s
- Seedless cucumber
- Clemetine wedges (2)
- Ice, 6 cubes
- 1 TBS Meyer lemon juice
- 2 Slices of cucumber
Clementine Ice Cubes
- 3 Clementines (juiced) with pulp
- Ice tray
Place juice in tray and freeze overnight.
- Place 3 clementine ice cubes and 3 regular ice cubes in glass with slice of cucumber.
- Add 4 oz Pimm’s to each cup
- Take saffron threads and mix them with Meyer lemon juice until bright orange. Put half a TBS in each cup of Pimm’s.
- Top with Gingerale and Clementine garnish.
- Enjoy outdoors!
Bloody Mocky or Mocky Mary
The perfect savory mocktail for the a.m. or p.m. !
Makes 2 Drinks
- 6 Dill Pollen, Long Pepper, and Olive Juice Ice cubes
- 11 oz Tomato Juice
- 1 tsp. Dill Pollen and Long Pepper, ground (2 long peppers, 1 tsp dill pollen) Use this mixture for Ice cubes as well.
- 1 tsp. Worcester sauce
- 2 Celery stalks
- 4 Dashes Tabasco
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
Franks Dill Pollen, Long Pepper, and Olive Juice Ice Cubes
- Ice Cube Tray
- Fill with olive juice almost to top.
- Place 8 drops of Franks in each cube.
- Top with 1/8 tsp. ground dill pollen and long pepper in each cube.
Freeze over night
- Place 3 Franks dill pollen, long pepper, olive juice ice cubes in a cup.
- In a shaker: shake 3 Ice cubes, 11 oz tomato juice, 1 tsp. dill pollen and long pepper mix, 1 tsp worcester sauce. SHAKE well and pour over Franks Dill pollen, long pepper cubes and garnish with celery stalk.
This is a great bloody mary/mocky mocktail! It would even go great as a breakfast component!
Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation from Marx Food for this post. All opinions are my own.
Thank you! 🙂
Can we have this Friday? Pretty pleeeease? 🙂
Yussss we can!
That looks incredible my friend – so creative 😀
Choc Chip Uru
Thank you! It was a fun experimentation!
You love experimenting with new cocktails. I love tasting ’em and I bet these are fantastic!
Thanks John! Being a taste tester is always fun, they turned out good enough to have me thinking about when I can enjoy the next one! 😉
Sounds good – but where did you find clementines this time of year? We won’t see them in stores for another 6 weeks or so…
They were perfect! We have them now and I have been getting a bundle every week, I love clementines! Somedays I will eat 4 or 5!
Very cool, but you’re right I am so shocked. We have clementines now too. Must be our earlier seasons. Have you used your fennel pollen yet? We have some, but haven’t. I see dill pollen up there. Anyway, great drinks!
Thanks! I know, I’m still in shock too 🙂 I agree our early seasons are often much earlier…I have tried the fennel pollen, it’s much like licorice and I think would go great in sausage. As far as going in a cocktail, I think maybe an absinthe based drink may be quite nice?! 🙂 Cheers!
Wow, what fantastic drinks Jen – you are on a roll!
Thanks Mandy! I’ll be sure to let everyone know when they can vote! 🙂 Cheers!
Love your ice cubes especially the clementine cubes. Those cocktails sure sound inviting.
Thanks, I really love the clementine cubes, they are addictive! So fresh and sweet!
Creative flavors to the eye
Thanks as well as to the mouth 😉
I love your cocktail and Mocktail! So creative and love the flavored ice cubes,
Thank you! 🙂 and good luck!
🙂 Mmmmmmmmmmmm indeed!
Your creative juices are flowing…. Count me in as a professional tester!
Thanks 🙂 I would love for you to be my prof taste tester! 😉
Love the mocky mary! One more vote your way 🙂
Thanks a million! Cheers to you!
You are 1 creative woman! I love the clementine ice-cubes! very original & tasty here!