This is a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner dish that is super simple to prepare. You will love it!!!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 6 min
- 2 Ahi tuna steaks (I like to do about a 4-5 oz steak).
- 2 cups Green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups Purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 TBS Pickled ginger
- 3 TBS Cilantro, chopped rough
- 1 TBS Black sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil
Dressing for slaw
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Agave nectar
- 1 TBS Yuzu juice
- 2 TBS Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Wasabi paste
- Wash Ahi and pat dry, season with salt and pepper. Place in fridge while you prep slaw.
- Mix cabbage, cilantro, sesame seeds, and ginger in a medium mixing bowl. Place in fridge.
- Mix up slaw dressing and reserve, dress right before serving.
- In medium to large skillet heat 1 tsp of coconut oil on medium high.
- Sear tuna for about 3 min on each side, at the end of the second side sear the edges quickly- serve rare. You can always cook longer but do not over cook! You want it to be pink in the middle. 🙂
- Place tuna on top of dressed slaw salad! Serve with anything else you like, I did sweet potato gnocchi!
This sounds so fresh and very healthy!! Cilantro with ginger.. wonderful!!
Thank you! It was very fresh and tasty! 🙂
Oh my goodness, that slaw sounds amazing!
Thanks! You have to try it, the crisp ginger really sets it off!
That looks fantastic 😀
Choc Chip Uru
That’s beautiful tuna – it’s made me very hungry!
Thank you! 🙂 I’m hungry too just looking at it! 😉
Yummy yummy slaw! I think that one will get bookmarked!
🙂 Thanks! Let me know how you like it when you try it!
My husband just loves ahi! This is a beautiful dish. The slaw is very much MY thing! Yum! D
Thank you! I can’t get enough slaw lately! I’m making it with everything! Cheers!
Reckon I could have this lunch for dinner.
Indeed!!! 🙂 Cheers!
Thank you thank you! 🙂
Yum! Love that slaw!
Thanks! It’s good with so many things!!! 🙂
I just love the way you seared that tuna. Just perfection.
Looks delicious! Must try but as usual your photo is just mouth watering. Thanks for the share. ~ Ayanna Nahmias
Thank you so much! 🙂
Now, this is one luxurious dinner! My husband & I love fresh tuna! Yummy Yum!
Lovely slaw recipe 🙂
It’s quite tasty, thank you!
Ahi tuna is one of my ALL TIME favorite apps to order out.
This looks SUPERBbbbb.
WOW. I can taste it all the way over here…
🙂 Thanks! I love it too, theres something just so fresh and simply delish about ahi tuna!!!