We had a sushi night last Saturday and it was amazing! I’m doing a 40 day yoga challenge and one of my commitments was to NOT eat meat… so I haven’t had any meat but some occasional seafood. I’m halfway through it and doing well. 🙂 See the end of post for details on how to vote for my Marx Foods entry!
These tempura veggies are a light and tasty snack or side to a meal.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 4 min or until lightly golden
Ingredients for batter:
- 1 C. Flour
- 1 TBS Corn Starch
- 1 1/2 C. Club Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Peanut oil
You can use what ever veggies you would like. I like sweet potato, bell peppers, Carrots, and Brocoli. Make sure you don’t slice too thick.
- 1/2 C. Soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 TBS. Green onion
- 5 Thin slices of ginger, fresh
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Lime juice
- 2 TBS Rice wine vinegar
- Slice veggies and make sauce.
- Heat fryer oil to 375 degrees.
- Coat veggies in batter, shake off remaining batter and fry for 3-4 min. Doing small batches at a time.
- Place on paper towel. Repeat until done.
- Serve with sauce.
Please vote for my submission to Marx Foods, I made a Chile, Yuzu, and Jasmine Tea Granita, it was DELISH! The voting polls close Thursday evening! Thank you so much for the support!