Evan made me this AMAZING pizza pie for my Birthday on Tuesday! It’s one of my favorite combos! It’s awesome! If you love pizza you MUST try this combo asap! He did a great job on everything, it was perfect. 🙂
Prep: 1 hr
Cook Time: 20-25 min
- 6-8 slices of Prosciutto di Parma
- 3-4 TBS Serrano Basil Pesto
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, sliced into medallions.
- Salt, pepper, fine herbs (whatever you like).
- 1/4 C. Parmigiano reggiano, the GOOD stuff!
- Shaved Parmigiano reggiano for on top of arugula. Use a potato peeler.
- 1-2 Lemons, for juicing.
- 4 C. Baby Arugula
- 1 (1/4 ounce) Package active dry yeast
- 1 C. Warm water
- 1 TBS. Sea salt
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups Bread flour
Serrano Basil Pesto
- 2 C. Fresh Basil Packed, big stems removed
- 2/3 C. Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 C. Pine Nuts
- 1/2 C.- 3/4 C. Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese\
- 1/2 Serrano, seeds remain
- Salt and pepper
Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
Add sea salt, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cup flour.
Attach bowl and dough hook, turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to dough hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 5 minutes. If making 2 pies split dough into 2 balls.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover, let rise in warmest place in house away from draft until doubled in bulk (about 1 hour).
Punch dough down each ball.
Roll out dough as you like and place on your cooking surface. (stone, tin, pan, etc.)* I like to par bake crust for 5 min to make it CRISPYYYYYYTo Top: lay down pesto, 1/4 C. Parm reg, Prosciutto di Parma, then place mozzarella on topBake for 20 min and top with big bunches of arugula, shaved parm reg, and squeeze some lemon on thereEnjoy and Cheers!