So I’d first like to say sorry for not having a pizza post this week, I’ve been sick for the past week almost. Dry your tears everyone because I will be making it up to you with the most amazing pizza in ZBD history this week. 🙂 But for now enjoy this delicious recipe.
I have entered into another contest with Marx Foods and this time it’s their 4th annual Morel Recipe Contest. Some of you may remember the Fregola Contest from a while back. ZBD took first place with the Bacon and Vanilla Fregola Cupcakes. This year the voting is a mix between public and internal! Voting starts 5/1/12-5/3/12. I’ll let you all know where to go to vote when the voting polls go live and would truly appreciate your support 🙂
Morel, Bacon, and Parmigiano-Reggiano Stuffed Egg Rolls with an Agave Yuzu Soy Sauce Infused with Garlic, Ginger, and Purple Scallions.
These are not your average egg rolls! They were incredible and I’ll be making these again for sure!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Makes: 6 egg rolls
- 1 oz Morels, dried
- 1/2 C. Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 4 sliced of cooked bacon, diced
- 1 Green onion, chive part, sliced very thin and chopped
- 1 TBS of Butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp Pepper, fresh ground black
- 1 egg, beaten (to seal egg roll).
- Egg roll wrappers 6
- Peanut oil, enough for frying
- 4 TBS Yuzu juice
- 3 TBS Light soy sauce
- 2 TBS Agave nectar, light
- 1/2 Clove of garlic minced
- 4 Purple scallions, sliced about a cm thick
- 5-6 sliced of peeled ginger, slice very thin
- Reconstitute Morels
- Make sauce while you reconstitute Morels, By combining all “sauce” ingredients then place in fridge.
- Chop up morels, grate cheese, chop bacon, and green onion chive and combine a medium mixing bowl with 1 TBS of butter and pepper. Divide into 6 balls
- Lay out egg roll wrapper and place a ball of the mixture on the top corner and roll down until it’s a triangle, then fold in the corners and finish rolling, sealing with egg wash on the seams. Repeat until done.
- Heat fryer oil to 350 F. once hot place egg rolls in and cook for about 5 min or until golden. Turning occasionally throughout the duration of cooking. Transfer onto paper towel before serving.
Serve with sauce and enjoy! Cheers!
Stay tuned for the next post, you won’t want to miss the OXO Gadget Giveaway!
Marx Foods has provided me with 1 oz of Dried Morels to experiment with. I received the Morels at no charge to me and I am under no obligation to return the product but can keep it for me own personal use.