Last night I decided I’d make Evan a “special” dinner for a special occasion (all meals are special when you make them with love). He did so well as work this past year I decided we’d celebrate him last night by breaking out some leg of lamb (one of his favs) we had frozen left over from Christmas. I was saving it for a special occasion and this was one of those for sure 🙂 I even did the dishes afterward…
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 50-70 min depending on how many lbs your leg is.
- 2lbs Boneless leg of lamb, butterflied long ways.
- 1.5 C. Kale, stem removed
- 3 TBS. Pesto, homemade or from a jar
- 8 Pink peppercorns
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Granulated garlic
- Hemp or twine
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Lay out lamb flat it should be thin from butterflying, (I wish I’d taken a pic of this but my hands were lamby). Season with salt, black pepper, garlic, and pink pepper, saving a little bit for after you have rolled it up.
- Add pesto, smearing it evenly all over the area you just seasoned.
- Add kale pieces to the top of the pesto.
- Carefully roll up you lamb, fairly tightly. Tie up lamb roll with twine. (I use hemp).
- Dust with remaining seasonings.
- Bake for 60-70 min or until internal temp reads 140 F (this will result in medium rare meat, cook longer if desired but not too long).