I love casseroles like this! They’re easy, tasty, and done quickly 🙂 I really loved the addition of Kale and Zucchini and Squash, I normally don’t use those in casseroles and I’m glad I did! Excuse the pictures, anything taken after 8 pm looks just not as good 😦
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25-30 Min
Serves: 2-4 depending on how hungry you are 🙂
- 1lb Ground bison
- 8 oz Whole wheat rotini, cooked
- 1/2 C. Zucchini, sliced into strips
- 1/2 C. Squash, sliced into strips
- 1/4 C. Shallots, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 C. Mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 C. Kale, chopped into medium pieces
- 1/2 C. Non fat Greek yogurt (like Fage).
- 1 C. Monterrey Jack, shedded
- 1/4 C. Parm Reg or Parmesan of your choice. *The good stuff, not Digornio, I don’t think that stuff is even real cheese haha.
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- More of these three to taste, if needed.
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- Cook noodles until al dente.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In large skillet heat 1 TBS olive oil. on medium high, leaning on the higher end. Add shallots and garlic and cook for 3 min.
- Add bison and cook for 5 min then add veggies and cook for 304 min until meat is done.
- Turn heat to low and add in yogurt and monterrey jack and mix well then add salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to mixture and mix well. Transfer to your casserole and top with parm cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 min until cheese is melted on top and nice and hot.
Enjoy and cheers!