I’ve been craving nachos lately, good nachos, not the nasty greasy restaurant kind (although there is a time and place for those as well). 🙂 I figured I’d make us this today for a good Saturday lunch at home. It’s super easy and ALMOST impossible to f’ up! 😉
Prep Time: 10-15 min
Cook Time: 15-20 min
Serves: 2-3 (Pictured: is just one plate, it makes two).
- 1 Chicken breast, cubed and cooked in the seasoning of your choice. I do a chili powder, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin. Lime is nice too.
- Tortilla chips
- Cheese, your choice. I like a blend.
- 1 C. Black beans, cooked
- 1/2 C. Tomato, diced
- 1 Serrano, sliced (you can use japs if you like less heat).
- 1/4 C. Onion, diced
- Green onion, chopped
The rest is simple:
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cook chicken until done.
- Lay out chips on an oven proof plate or pan. Sprinkle lightly with cheese, add beans, chicken, and more cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 min.
- Top with veggies and squeeze lime on top.
- Serve with your fav sauce or crema. We used our friends award winning Salsa Verde, she was in the Taco Experiment with us and placed first audience pick, and for good reason!
Enjoy and Cheers!