I am so excited to have been nominated this week for the versatile blogger award.
Thank you so much to :
for nominating me. I’m so grateful. I really enjoy blogging and its great to know that other people enjoy reading and creating the recipes in my blog too.
The rules for the award are:
1) Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in my post.
2) Share 7 things about myself
3) Pass the award on to 10 (it said 15 but I only did 10, make it your call) more bloggers that I enjoy
4) Contact the bloggers I have chosen to let them know that they have been selected!
Seven things about me:
1. In college I majored in Sculpture and graduated with a BFA, Bachelor of Fine Arts. So I did a lot if welding and wood work
2. My Dad taught me how to cook when I was younger and got me interested in creating new things.
3. A year ago I married my best friend Evan! We had known each other since Jr. High and were great friends all through high school. We ended up going to the same college and started dating our Jr. year of college.
(Yes this picture is from then…)
4. I rarely use recipes anymore, I have been doing a lot of experimenting this past year
5. I love to compete (especially in cooking challenges). So far I have 3 wins under my belt: 3rd place in The Food Experiments : Pork Experiment
with my cuban sliders, 2nd Place in a Chili cook off with my Bison Chili, and Reader’s Poll Pick for the Fregola Dessert Contest
, with Bacon and Vanilla Fregola Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. I can’t wait to compete in some more!
6. While I love to cook and blog, I keep busy with a plethora of odd (but mostly fun) jobs…to pay the bills. I’m a certified personal trainer so I have a handful of clients that I love training, I dog walk, I do social media marketing for a small local business, and I do some personal assisting for a good friend of mine that’s handicapped. I’m also going to night school once a week at Yoga Yoga to become a yoga teacher, I’ll be certified in June
and cannot wait!
7. My dream is to one day live out in the country on a small farm with a nice sized garden. I’d like to produce all of the food I consume and just maybe…. have a very small restaurant. Nothing fancy, just a set menu each day with a handful of options that are all farm fresh and grown/raised by me and maybe some friends.
10 Bloggers I enjoy and find most versatile are :