I was recently inspired to make these Stuffed Mushrooms when reading a fellow foodies blog post last week from Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide. I had been thinking about stuffing some for about a month and when I saw his post, it sealed the deal. 🙂 I served them with some saffron and tomato rice and some sauteed Swiss Chard. It was a great meal, I’m sure Evan will be asking for this one again…
Also I’d like to thank you all for voting for me in the Marx Foods Fregola Dessert Challenge, I won! Now for the hard part… picking out $100 worth of Marx foods, Aye!!! All the amazing choices!!! 🙂 To say thank you I’d like to share with you a way to get your own free samples, Marx Foods is freakin’ AWESOME!
If you are interested, email Katie: kwallace at marxfoods dot com. Include in your email your address, full name and blog URL.
Supplies are limited, so first come first served. And, you don’t really have to be a blogger … if you promise to put the ingredients to good use and take your culinary game to the next level, then they will send some to you anyway.
Prep: 20 min
Cook Time: 2o min
- 1/2 lb Fresh bison, ground.
- 1/8 C. Minced Shallots
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Large portabella mushrooms
- 3/4 C. Cheese blend, I used provolone, swiss, asiago, and white cheddar.
- 1/2 C. Light sour cream
- 2 TBS. Parmesan Reggiano , (the good kind please).
- 1 Small Zucchini, sliced in thin circles.
- 1/2 TBS. Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Zestybeandog Fine Herb Blend
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, brown bison, shallots, and garlic until cooked.
- Add in sour cream, most of the cheese blend (save a couple pinches to top the meat on you place in mushroom), and spices, mix well.
- Wash off mushrooms if need be. Transfer meat mixture into mushrooms. Put remaining blend cheese on top.
- Heat same skillet back up to high (should still be hot) and add butter, and brown zucchini rounds and flip and repeat.
- Top mushrooms with zucchini’s (about 5-6 per mushroom). Then sprinkle a TBS of parm on top of each.
- Bake for about 20 min.
Enjoy and cheers!