I love chicken noodle soup! Evan and I rarely get sick (knock on wood) so I cannot just wait until one of us gets sick to make it 🙂 It’s good when you’re 100% I promise! Also If you haven’t already…please vote for my last blog of Bacon and Vanilla Fregola Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting that’s in the Marx Foods Dessert Challenge, voting ends today at 12 PST, it’s easy no email or registration needed to vote! Thanks for all of your support. 🙂
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 2 hrs
- 32 oz Chicken Stock (use homemade or something like Kitchen Basics).
- 1 C. Water
- 2 Chicken breasts, raw and cubed into bite sized pieces
- 2 C. Sliced or cubed carrots
- 2 C. Sliced celery
- 1/2 Large sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 TBS Fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 TBS Zestybeandog Fine Herb Blend
- 1/2 TBS fresh black pepper
- 10 oz Homemade egg noodles
- Transfer stock to a large pot and turn heat to high, bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables and spices Set timer and cook for 20 min then reduce to low heat.
- Add chicken when it has been an hour and fifteen minutes and cover.
- During the last 20 min add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Salt to taste. (This will vary depending on your stock you used)
Serve with cornbread, crackers, or toast….maybe even a grilled cheese.