I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year, I know I did. I spent days preparing and cooked until my shoulders felt like they were going to fall off! We had a great time with my parents in from Houston, my in-laws (we were at their lake house), and 2 of their friends they met in Seoul that currently live in Houston!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 18-25 min
Serves: 6 Large muffins, or 12 small muffins
- 1 1/4 C. Whole wheat white four
- 3/4 C. Corn meal
- 1/4 C. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 TBS Fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 1 TBS Fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 1 C. Skim milk
- 1/4 C. Canola oil
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients and sift well.
- Add milk, oil, and egg into dry mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Grease muffin tin(s) and divid mixture evenly among tins, not filling too high (about half way or 3/4 of the way).
- Bake until golden and test with a wooden tooth pick, when it come out clean, they are done.
I used this recipe for my stuffing, I made about 12 muffins 1-2 days before Thanksgiving. I crumbled them roughly and left them out in a pan to get a little hardened. I did the same with a loaf of french baguette and mixed them together to prep for my stuffing.
Homemade Giblet Gravy
Completely unprocessed green bean casserole (even the french fried onions are homemade)
Outside of the bird stuffing
My mother in-law made a great pumpkin curry dish!
Ginger loves the lake, she especially loves chasing the deer…
Mom’s helping out in the kitchen
Evan Carving the Bird
Turkey Talk 🙂
Hope you all enjoyed your holiday!