I haven’t stuffed chicken breasts in a while so I figured I do something a little different than the usual “cordon bleu” style. These tuned out fantastic! The hardest part is making the incision into the breast big enough and so that you don’t pierce the backside, you really want to be able to stuff as much goodness in there as possible (and keep it in)! 🙂
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25-30 min (depends on thickness of breasts used).
- 2 Free range chicken breasts, place a large slit in breasts without piercing through other side.
- 1 C. Spinach
- 1 C. Arugula
- 2 Slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 Shallot, or 2 TBS, minced
- 1/2 C. Baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- Parmesan Reggiano, shaved 2 TBS
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 C. Panko bread crumbs
- 1 TBS Butter
- Cut produce as described above, and heat medium skillet on medium high with 1 TBS olive oil. Once hot add garlic, shallots, and greens. Saute for 2 min until softened. Add the chopped crispy bacon to mixture and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prep Chicken. Divide greens mixture and insert into breasts. Nestle the parmesan shavings on to the top of mixture inside of breasts.
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 F.
- Prepare two bowls one with beaten egg (add salt, pepper, and paprika to this beaten egg and mix well). The other bowl will have the panko. Dip each breast into the egg and spice mixture then into the panko, make sure you coat the breast evenly and thoroughly. Repeat with other breast. Refrigerate for 10 min to set.
- Heat medium or large skillet on medium heat with 1/2 TBS butter and wait until hot. Add breasts and DO NOT FLIP or touch for 3-4 min (time it or your panko will fall off the breasts). I often will spray the tops of the breasts with olive oil spray while the bottoms cook so that when I flip them they will have something on them to “brown” and not burn… instead of using more butter… So you will cook the breasts for 3-4 min on each side then transfer to the oven for 20 min or until done.