I love curry anything and Tabbouleh, I could probably eat it every week! This is a simple week night meal especially if you aren’t making the naan, humus, and Tzatziki. All of those ingredients can be usually store bought if you’re in a crunch! I usually make my own but when I made this I was exhausted and my husband laughed at me when I said this was my “easy cheat meal”… Meaning I didn’t make it all from scratch…He thought I was crazy and loved it all. I felt like I was cheating, mainly because I knew I can make all of those things pretty well. It just adds another hour minimum of work and lots of dishes to clean 😦 Needless to say sometimes you just gotta cheat and it’s not like I caved and ordered a Domino’s Pizza :)… YUCK! So for all you Austinites out there if you need to cheat to make this meal go to Whip In pick up some house made Naan, some Grandma’s Hummus, and some Tzatziki (you can get the Tzatziki at HEB if they don’t have any, I have not personally bought the Tzatziki there only the hummus and Naan).
Cook: 10-15 min
Serves: 2 -With extra tabouli left over for lunch the next day 🙂
- 2 Free range chicken breasts, about 4-6 oz each, cubed.
- 2-4 Pieces of warmed Naan (you may want extra to dip in your hummus).
- Grind in a mortar and pestle : 1 tsp Hot Madras Curry Powder, 2 threads of saffron, 1 tsp Garam Masala, 1/4 tsp Tumeric, and 1 tsp. black pepper. I will be making a ZBD blend of this as well available for purchase very soon!
- 2 Lemons, juiced.
- 1-2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBS butter
- Cucumber slices
- Tomato slices
- 1/2 C. Wheat bulgur, soak in 2 cups of hot water for 20 min covered- until soft.
- 1 Large organic tomato, cubed (get a firm one).
- 1/4 C. Finely chopped mint, organic
- 1/2 C. Finely chopped parsley, organic
- 2-3 TBS Quality olive oil
- 1/4 C. Organic lemon juice
- 1/4 C. Scallions, organic
- 1 TBS. Pepper, fine
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1tsp. Garlic powder
- Soak bulgur wheat in water and transfer to a strainer, then to a medium mixing bowl. Add components from above and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It’s even better the next day 🙂
- Prep chicken and heat butter in large skillet on medium high until butter is bubbling. Add chicken and spices and toss so chicken is covered. Add lemon juice and cook until chicken is done. About 10 min depending on cube sizes. Get a nice browning on the chicken. Warm Naan in oven for about 4-5 min on 350 F. while chicken finishes up.
- Once done place chicken in Naan wraps and top with cucumber and tomato slices and drizzle to Tzatziki on top if desired and serve with a side of Tabbouleh and Hummus!
- I like to serve the hummus with some extra Naan. Enjoy!