I’ve been on a sandwich kick lately, it’s easy and the possibilities are endless. I knew there was a slight chance we would have some trick-or-treaters last night so I didn’t want to get too busy in the kitchen just in case… Well we had 2 groups, about a total of 8 kids so it wasn’t very eventful. Evan and I ate more candy than we gave out… as suspected 🙂 Below I’ll post what we dressed up as over the weekend!
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min (depending on thickness of chicken).
- 2 Free range chicken breasts, pounded flat with a mallet to desired size.
- 4 Slices of cooked natural bacon, nitrate free.
- 4 Slices of nice bread, your choice ( I used a 9 grain).
- 1 Sweet potato
- 2 TBS Olive oil mayo
- 1 Lemon, juiced into mayo
- 1 tsp ZBD Fine Herb Blend
- 1 – 3 TBS butter for bread toasting and cooking chicken
- Purple onion (however much you like)
- Roma tomato (however much you like)
- Spinach (however much you like)
- 1 TBS Olive oil to brush on potato slices
- 2 Slices of sharp cheddar
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 F. Slice sweet potato on a mandolin, very thin into rounds. Line rounds on a greased foiled tray and lightly baste with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for about 15-20 min or until done. Once almost done add cheese to melt onto chicken.
- In some butter cook chicken breast in large skillet on medium, season with salt and pepper.
- Slice produce that goes on sandwich.
- Toast bread lightly then add sliced to a large skillet with a bit of butter to finish the bread off.
- Mix up a quick aioli with mayo, lemon juice, and ZBD fine herb blend.
- Assemble sandwiches bread, chicken, cheese, onion, tomato, spinach, bacon, bread. Stick a tooth pick in it and there you have it!
- Pull chips from oven and serve with sandwich, we like to dip our chips in a yogurt based dressing like caesar or ranch.
The Random Subscriber Winner is…
Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide! Congrats!
You won a jar of ZestyBeanDog Fine Herb Blend before you can buy it! Message me with your shipping address, email@example.com
Halloween Fun… can anyone guess who we were? I sewed Evan’s costume from scratch very last min…about 5 hours before the party, talk about last min!!! 🙂