I’ve been on a sandwich kick lately, it’s easy and the possibilities are endless. I knew there was a slight chance we would have some trick-or-treaters last night so I didn’t want to get too busy in the kitchen just in case… Well we had 2 groups, about a total of 8 kids so it wasn’t very eventful. Evan and I ate more candy than we gave out… as suspected 🙂 Below I’ll post what we dressed up as over the weekend!
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min (depending on thickness of chicken).
- 2 Free range chicken breasts, pounded flat with a mallet to desired size.
- 4 Slices of cooked natural bacon, nitrate free.
- 4 Slices of nice bread, your choice ( I used a 9 grain).
- 1 Sweet potato
- 2 TBS Olive oil mayo
- 1 Lemon, juiced into mayo
- 1 tsp ZBD Fine Herb Blend
- 1 – 3 TBS butter for bread toasting and cooking chicken
- Purple onion (however much you like)
- Roma tomato (however much you like)
- Spinach (however much you like)
- 1 TBS Olive oil to brush on potato slices
- 2 Slices of sharp cheddar
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 F. Slice sweet potato on a mandolin, very thin into rounds. Line rounds on a greased foiled tray and lightly baste with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for about 15-20 min or until done. Once almost done add cheese to melt onto chicken.
- In some butter cook chicken breast in large skillet on medium, season with salt and pepper.
- Slice produce that goes on sandwich.
- Toast bread lightly then add sliced to a large skillet with a bit of butter to finish the bread off.
- Mix up a quick aioli with mayo, lemon juice, and ZBD fine herb blend.
- Assemble sandwiches bread, chicken, cheese, onion, tomato, spinach, bacon, bread. Stick a tooth pick in it and there you have it!
- Pull chips from oven and serve with sandwich, we like to dip our chips in a yogurt based dressing like caesar or ranch.
The Random Subscriber Winner is…
Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide! Congrats!
You won a jar of ZestyBeanDog Fine Herb Blend before you can buy it! Message me with your shipping address, email@example.com
Halloween Fun… can anyone guess who we were? I sewed Evan’s costume from scratch very last min…about 5 hours before the party, talk about last min!!! 🙂
Mmm sweet potato chips – a particular favorite of mine! Looks like a lovely lunch.
Thanks it’s perfect for lunch or dinner! I’m huge fan of sweet potatoes 🙂
Oh, must try your sweet potato chips!
Congratulations to Greg! Hope to see what he makes using your herb blend.
You must, they are a fav of mine! Yes congrats to Greg, I can’t wait to see what he makes either!
we got not one visitor last night given that our area still does not know about Halloween! Your sarnie looks yum 🙂
We live in a weird spot so it didn’t surprise me last year we had just one group of kids… to we doubled it this year haha! Thanks!
What, I won something woo hoo. Off to e-mail you now. This is quite the sandwich! I need to try chips that way too.
You got lucky! Can’t wait to see what ideas you have for it! I love sandwiches, so simple yet soooo good! They are always a pleaser! Cheers to you!
Sandwiches can be so satisfying and this one looks like it fits the bill. 😉
Thanks! It was not lacking in the satisfaction area whatsoever 🙂
Congrats Greg @ Rufus’ Guide! Celebrating Hallowe’en in France is a bit of a non-starter… it just doesn’t seem to be high on peoples’ agendas 😦 Awesome sandwich – it’s just my favourite food group (yeah, I think sandwiches should be a food group!), so it’s always great to see what other people do with them!
It’s popular here just not where we live I guess, then again I’m a bit thankful because I was talking to a friend and they said they have over 2,500 kids… and spent more than they wanted to say on candy!!! I spent a whopping $5 and ate most of it 🙂 I do agree sandwiches should be a food group! Cheers!
Your chips looks incredible! Mine never look crispy and seasoned like that.
It’s all in the slicing, they have to be very thin or else they wont crisp 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!
Sandwiches are such convenient meals to go with at anytime! Seems like your sweet potato chips are getting more attention than the main sandwich huh? :p They do look amazing though 😉
Thanks for stopping by! I know the chips are the crowd pleaser! 🙂
So of course I find your blog through the Marx Foods Fregola Sarda competition and come across this post. I have been DYING to be Maude Lebowski for Halloween one year. It hasn’t happened yet, but know that it will. I just need to con some of my friends into backing me up as a crew of nihilists. Too funny! And is your hubby Max from Where the Wild Things Are?
You should do it! I had been “thinking about it” for years and I finally did it! Yep you guessed it my husband was Max 🙂
Adore. That looks like a fabulous Halloween. It would be fun to craft a menu for a Big Lebowski themed party and do a blog post about that. White Russians would clearly need to be included.