I love making casseroles early in the day and then popping them in the oven for dinner, there’s just something about not having to cook after a long day of work or play! It’s even better when you’re lucky and your husband/wife does the dishes afterwards (and no… putting soapy water in the casserole and letting it soak over night does not count as “doing” the dishes) 🙂 This is a delicious meal that will have you coming back for seconds… I promise!
Also as an added bonus, when you subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts you will be entered to win some of this sweet sweet ZestyBeanDog Fine Herb Blend you keep reading about oh so often! I will be doing a special subscriber give-away on the 31st! Good luck!
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 25-35 min
- 1/2 lb Sausage, ground fresh
- 1-2 Shallots, minced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 C. Sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Can of organic tomatoes, diced (don’t drain the juice).
- 1 Large organic tomato, sliced (discard top and bottom).
- 1 C. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 C. Parmesan Reggiano, grated (You should know by now, THE GOOD STUFF) 🙂
- 1 TBS ZestyBeanDog Fine Herb Blend or your own fine herb blend
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 C. Fresh Basil (half in casserole, 1/2 on top when done as garnish).
- 1/2 TBS. Butter
- 2 C. Farfalle, I prefer whole wheat
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add Farfalle and cook right before it’s al dente.
- Melt butter in large skillet on med high, add garlic and shallots and cook for 1 min until fragrant. Add sausage and then brown it.
- Add Mushrooms and can of tomatoes and mix well, add spices and simmer for 10 min. Turn off heat.
- Add pasta to sausage mixture and mozzarella cheese and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to medium casserole, place sliced tomatoes on top and top tomatoes with parmesan cheese, bake at 350 F. for 20 min if baking right away, if reheating from fridge bake for 35 min or until done.
- Once done, garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!