Easy Sunday Lunch!
Cook: 5-1o min
- 4 Slices of rosemary bread from local bakery
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Butter or butter substitute like Earth Balance
- 1 tsp Zestybeandog Fine Herb Blend
- 1 Bunch of kale, chopped (remove stem).
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Shallot, minced (or 1 TBS shallot).
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 2 large skillets on med high.
- Butter bread and place 2 slices of provolone in between, grill until golden brown on each side and sprinkle with ZBD herb blend.
- While cooking grilled cheeses: Add olive oil to other skillet and saute garlic and shallots for 30 sec, add kale and lemon juice and cook for about 5-10 min, salt and pepper at end (a pinch of each).
- If you are feeling saucy and want to take your grilled cheese to the next dimension… add a pinch of black truffle salt (a decent quality salt) to the grilled cheeses!
I love kale and am always looking for new things to do with it. The trick is making kale dishes my wife likes! And I want to take this grilled cheese to the next dimension!
I love kale too! Not everyone likes it all that much but I find the lemon really transforms it 🙂 I like your style!!!! Personally, I think taking the grilled cheese to the next dimension is ALWAYS best, but ONLY with a quality salt, I was at Central Market the other day and their “truffle salt” was a very poor excuse for truffle salt…. Savory Herb and Spice Shop and Marx Foods has some quality versions 🙂 thanks for the comments!
so glad to have met you – looking forward to more great recipes 🙂
Thanks! Glad to have met you too! 🙂
This looks scrumptious. Thanks again for stopping by my little spot in the blogosphere. I am looking forward to more of your lovely recipes.
Have a happy day.
Thanks Mandy! You are welcome, I can’t wait to see more of your recipes as well 🙂 Have a great day!
I love kale! Actually, come to think of it, all of my friends love kale too but then it’s a good thing to like. I’d like some of that grilled cheese right now!
So many ways to have it! I think any time is grilled cheese time! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to your posts, and really like your blog format, it’s different!
I agree! And thank you, looking forward to more healthy recipes from you too!