I hope you all like the new blog look! I’ll be making some exciting new additions to the blog this month! Some of the additions will be a new fitness page, a new ZBD Spice Shop on Etsy where you can buy custom blends used in all ZBD’s recipes and other goodies, secret recipes and tips for subscribers, and an ebook cook book!!! I’m so very excited to be launching the next phase of ZBD!! Cheers to you all!
This is a neat variation on traditional bibimbap, inspired by a recent visit to Uchiko for dinner. It’s very healthy and full of veggies!
Prep: 24 Hours (for pickling)
Cook: 20 min
- 4 Duck eggs, local and free range
- 1 Small log of spanish chorizo, 1/4lb-1/2 lb (can be found in the cheese section of most fine groceries). Less ingredients=the better.
- 1 TBS pickling spices
- 1/4 C. Kosher sea salt
- 1 C. White vinegar
- 1 C. Water
- 2 C. Daikon radish, sliced into “sticks”.
- 2 C. Carrots, slided into sticks.
- 2 C. Shitake mushrooms, Central Market tends to have fresh ones, if you cannot find, get dried and rehydrate.
- 2 C. Zucchini (1 large Zucchini will do).
- 2 C. Bean Sprouts
- 2 C. Cooked jasmine rice
- Sriracha hot sauce, or chili garlic paste will do
- Micro greens for garnish
- Boil pickling spices (this blend will be coming soon to the ZBD Spice Shop on Etsy!) with salt, vinegar, and water for 30 min. Let cool for 30 and transfer to medium jar.
- Cut up chorizo into millimeter by millimeter cubes (small) and place in jar, then into fridge for 24 hours to pickle.
- Cook rice as directed, while rice is cooking cut up produce accordingly.
- Once rice is done assemble bowls: rice on bottom veggies circle the top in 5 sections.
- Cook duck egg to your liking, I like both of my sides cooked for about 2 min on each, Evan likes just one side cooked for about 1.5 min. Cook egg on medium high on a non stick skillet.
- Place egg on top of veggies and sprinkle with drained chorizo, micro greens, and hot sauce. Enjoy!