I love this stuff, yes kimchi…call me crazy, I don’t care! While kimchi is actually quite healthy, in this dish it’s transformed into a whole new sinful concoction once you add fries, ribeye meat, a TON of cheese, and chipolte mayo. If this dish were calorie free and fat free, well I might just eat this every day… for now I will refrain and just indulge when I’ve had 1 too many (thanks for being there Chilantro) or when Evan begs me to make them on a Sunday (usually he doesn’t have to beg to hard for these things).
Prep: 15-20 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Serves: 2 (meal size) could serve 4 as a snack
- Oreida fast food style french fries, 1/2 a bag or so
- 1 C. Cheese, your pick I use cheddar jack blend
- 1/2 Jar of Kimchi, you can find this at HEB in the produce section by the tofu, or make your own…
- 1/2lb of thinly sliced ribeye or strip meat, the butcher can do this for you or you can freeze the steak for 30-45 min and slice it yourself with a SHARP knife. AKA bulgogi.
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 Handful of cilantro, ripped or chopped
- Chipolte mayo and Sirracha – as much as you like
- 2 TBS Soy Sauce
- Chop produce and slice meat if doing your self, throw meat in a bowl with the soy sauce.
- Heat skillet for cooking beef on high.
- Heat oil as directed on bag of fries and deep fry for specified time.
- Cook meat, it will cook quickly since it’s so thin.
- Make two mounds of fries, put cheese on top of fries, then beef, then kimchi, onions and cilantro, mayo and sirracha ( you don’t have to do it in this order but there is a method so the cheese melts).
- Serve with ice cold beer and enjoy!