Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 2-6 hours (can be done in the crock pot if need be).
- 1 lb Bison, from a reputable source
- 2 C. Tomatoes, diced (or canned will do).
- 2 Summer squash or zucchini from the farm, cubed
- 2 C. Mixed bells, sliced
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Large can of black beans
- 1 Hot pepper of your choice, minced
- 2 C. Chicken broth
- 2 C. Beef broth
- 1/2 TBS. Cumin
- 3 TBS Chili powder blend
- 1/2 TBS Cumin
- 1 TBS Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Limes, juiced
1. Brown meat, onions, and garlic in a large skillet until meat is cooked.
2. Add squash and cook for an additional 3 min.
3. Empty canned goods into crock pot or regular large pot and then empty the skillet full of meat, onions, garlic, and squash into the tomato and bean mixture and stir.
4. Add the chicken and beef broth and seasonings, stir.
5. Cook for 4-5 hours on low in crock pot or 2 hours on low on the stove top. Add lime juice when done.
Serve with cheese, tortilla chips, and avocado if desired. Salt and pepper to taste.