Check out this EASY and healthy twist on a BLT!
Cook Time: 4-6 min
- 4 slices of whole grain or wheat bread, toasted
- .5 lb Ahi Tuna Steak (Sashimi grade).
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tomato, sliced- I used a roma
- 4 slices of Applegate Farms uncured turkey bacon, cooked (this is important to use a quality brand)!
- 2 Handfuls of of fresh spinach
- 1/4 C olive oil mayo
- 1/2 TBS spicy mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper for aioli
- Pinch of chervil, dried- or parsley, dried
- Mix all together to make your aioli
- Heat a medium skillet on medium high, add 1 tsp of olive oil and once hot add tuna steak to skillet. Cook for 2-3 min on each side, should be pink in the middle. You can make the Aioli while cooking the tuna.
- Toast bread slices while slicing tuna AGAINST the grain carefully, about a centimeter thick if possible.
- Assemble sandwich, aioli on top slice. Bottom slice: spinach, tuna, bacon, tomatoes, then top slice that has aioli.
Enjoy! Serve with some veggies or baked chips!