If you like au-gratin potatoes try this zesty alternative, it’s made with RUTABAGA
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 50 min
- 1 large organic rutabaga, peeled and sliced thin (1cm)
- 1/2 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3/4 C 1% milk
- 1/4 C light sour cream
- 1/2 C white cheese (I like a blend of swiss, monterey jack, and provolone).
- 1/2 C sharp cheddar
- 1/4 C sharp cheddar (reserve for end).
- 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tsp fresh ground pepper, and 1/2 tsp of paprika, 1tsp dried parsley
- Slice Rutabaga on a mandolin or carefully with a sharp knife.
- Cut up ingredients 2-4 (Poblano, onion, and garlic) and saute for 4 min on med high ( I use olive oil Pam, but you can use butter or olive oil).
- Boil rutabaga slices for 4-5 min and strain and place in medium casserole, then add sauteed mixture to casserole as well.
- In a medium pot bring milk to a simmer and cheeses stir until melted then add spices.
- Pour cheese mixture over ingredients in casserole.
- Add 1/4 cup of light sour cream and mix well.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with 1/4 C sharp cheddar id desired. Bake at 400 degrees covered for 45 min.