This low fat treat is great for a cold night like tonight! It’s got OVER 10 veggies in it! 🙂
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20-30 min
Serves: A lot 6-8?
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 head of purple cauliflower, broken down into small florets (JBG*)
- Broccoli florets, same amount as above (JBG)
- 4 carrots, sliced (JBG)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 onion, cubed
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1/2 bunch mustard greens, chopped (JBG)
- 2 handfuls of collard greens, sliced
- Green Onion, chopped for topping (JBG)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 TBS fresh ginger, minced
- 3 limes
- 1 lemon
- 5 sprigs of thyme, pulled off stems
- Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
- 6-7 C. Chicken Stock, use a good quality one (without MSG) or homemade, I used 7 cups because I had extra in the fridge but two boxes is equal to 6 cups.
- 1 tsp butter
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 tsp of butter until browned
- Pour chicken stock in a large stock pot and turn on medium high, once onions and garlic are done transfer to stock pot with broth.
- Wash all veggies and slice, cut, break up accordingly.
- Transfer veggies to pot along with citrus juice and simmer for about 20 min. Then season broth with spices to taste.
- Cut up chicken breasts and let them cook for about 5 min or until done.
Serve with crackers or toast if desired. Also this is great without chicken too!
*JBG means these veggies are locally harvested organic produce from Johnson’s Backyard Garden